Duane Reade Pharmacy Technician
- Verifies that the prescription information is complete and accurate.
- Retrieves, counts, pours, weighs, measures and sometimes mixes medication.
- Prepares the prescription labels, selects the type of container and affixes the prescription and other labels to the container.
- Prices and files the prescription and insures that it is checked by a Pharmacist before it is given to the patient.
- May establish and maintain patient profiles, prepare insurance claim forms and stocks and takes inventory of prescription medications.
- Refers any questions regarding prescriptions, drug information or health matters to a Pharmacist.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Pharmacist.
- Scan merchandise on the register.
- Stock merchandise on the shelves.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend hours.
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Duane Reade.
- Prefer good math skills so they can fill prescriptions accurately, including counting, measuring, weighing medications.
- Prefer good computer skills.
- Prefer knowledge of store inventory control.
- Prefer PTCB Certification
To see the salary range for this position please click here: [Register to View] . If you are applying on a job board or unable to click on the link, please copy and paste this URL into your browser https://jobs.walgreens.com/en/paydrpht