(USA) Software Engineer III
- Build and maintain backend software services that integrates with Walmart owned systems and 3rd party softwares.
- Develop and maintain APIs, asyn messages allowing 3rd party software to consume and produce events and process the business flows within the systems.
- Work on REST APIs, Serverless, and event-driven micro services.
- Troubleshoot critical defects in software coding
- Utilize Spring Boot or Spring Framework in Java to design and implement low-latency REST APIs with Azure SQL Server and Cassandra as storage systems
- Create and deploy large-scale, containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes in public clouds like Walmart, Google GCP and Microsoft Azure.
- Collaborate with other scrum teams, QE, Product, Program Management, and 3rd party teams, while partnering with cross-functional project development teams.
What you'll bring:
5+ years hands on experience in Java or similar Tech stack
- Strong back-end technologies experience
- Spring Boot or Spring Framework
- Relational and/or NoSQL Database experience (Cassandra, Cosmos, Oracle, Azure SQL)
- Experience with modern unit testing frameworks (e.g., Mocha, Chai)
- Experience with node.js
- Cloud - Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Full software life cycle development experience
- Experience with clustering software like Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Ansible and good understanding on container orchestrations
- Strong ability in problem solving
- Worked on monitoring and alerting tools
- Experience with configuring or implementing Build & Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline and infrastructure as a service.
- Experience working with a large codebase on a cross functional team
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 4 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America