Distribution Center Supervisor
- Supervises a group of Team Members in a designated functional area in the Distribution Center. Monitors team members’ productivity and work quality, and manages performance using the tools available including progress summaries, retraining, job performance assessment, performance improvement plan and other disciplinary actions as needed.
- Mentors team members through on-the-job training. May collaborate with DC Trainer on conducting new team member orientation, including completion of training checklists. Conducts 15 minute Observe, Coach, and Recognize (OCRs) sessions, as necessary. Responsible for recommending and assisting in the development of training curricula.
- Conducts MBWA (Management by Walking Around) to ensure team member safety, address team member concerns, communicate essential information, and to enforce distribution center guidelines.
- Establishes and cultivates morale and engagement of team members. Encourages team member participation in workplace activities and events. Establishes and directs positive communication channels between cross-functional teams.
- Enters daily performance forecast into the DC productivity/efficiency report (E.g. DC Big Boy). Utilizes and updates system computer applications for proper operation and reports. Leverages all performance management, KPI, DC Balancing and Flow and other reports as applicable to manage daily DC functional area performance.
- Ensures compliance with all Centers of Excellence SOP’s for each applicable functional area.
- Advocates and actively participates in continuous improvement culture, particularly LEAN initiatives in order to improve processes and continually drive out waste.
- In collaboration with management, measures performance compliance and requirements and directs appropriate actions by team members and equipment to maintain performance at or above required levels.
- Maintains appropriate and required records for team members, equipment and KPI’s under their responsibility.
- Participates in administrative activities, which may include defining resource needs and works within budget and staffing parameters to meet business objectives. Assists in managing daily staffing needs for designated department: vacations, monitors turnover and volume.
- Participates in team member concerns: reporting, follow up, investigating or disciplinary process.
- Promotes a safe environment as well as meets safety requirements complying with company policies and regulations set forth by Walgreens and various government agencies concerning safety, environmental handling of products, packaging and any other related items.
About Walgreens and WBA :
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year experience in collaborating/leading team projects OR High School/GED and at least 4 years’ experience in collaborating/leading team projects OR High School/GED and United States Armed Forces or equivalent experience demonstrating leadership skills.
- At least 1 year of experience assisting management with the assignment of work and responsibilities to coworkers, and/or other managerial tasks (e.g. monitoring work, taking attendance, etc.).
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite.
- Willing to work any shift.
- Experience in identifying operational issues, recommending, and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
- Bachelor’s degree at least 1 year experience working in a distribution center/production environment.
- Experience in indirect management of team members, including coaching, mentoring, assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Intermediate to Advanced Experience using Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience working with SPC tracking, AS400, Sort View, or ISS.
- Experience in distribution, warehousing, or logistics.
- Experience analyzing operational reports.
- Experience in LEAN manufacturing or logistics environment.