Administrative Assistant Sr
- Structures, organizes and expedites the activities and workload of the head of the unit’s office. Prioritizes schedules, maintains calendar and develops a system of follow-up for projects, meetings and issues to assure the head of the unit’s office operates efficiently and effectively. Arranges and coordinates details for meetings, conferences, and special events.
- Screens correspondence. Prioritizes the mail and responds to correspondence as appropriate. Refers more complex and/or urgent correspondence to the head of the unit, gathers any additional information needed to respond. May compose and initiate routine correspondence. Represents the head of the unit professionally and effectively when dealing with internal and external contacts.
- Screens and prioritizes telephone calls and redirects to individuals who can quickly and efficiently respond. Calls that can only be handled by the head of the unit are referred to him/her. As appropriate, responds and resolves issues and answers questions within understood policies and procedures.
- Prepares reports, presentations, documents, etc. based on general instructions. Maintains relevant databases and related records. Review presentation materials to ensure that the head of the organization unit is able to effectively deliver the presentation to the intended audience. Distributes information and materials to the staff as required.
- Assists in compiling and developing the unit’s annual budget. Processes expense reports and monitors incoming invoices. Prepares forms to process and pay invoices.
- Communicates and/or coordinates the head of the unit’s instructions with various individuals or departments. Furnishes and obtains information from other executives or outside representatives. Handles confidential and/or sensitive information with high discretion. Obtains and furnishes information on behalf of the head of the unit.
- May manage various administrative projects. Participates in gathering research and generates reports as needed. Notifies project participants on timelines and completion dates.
- Makes necessary travel arrangements, including ground transportation and hotel accommodations. Prepares travel itineraries for the head of the unit and his/her direct reports
- May provide administrative support for multiple managers, either on a full-time or as needed basis.
- May delegate work to less experienced administrative staff. May coach and mentor these individuals. Provides input on performance evaluation.
About Walgreens and WBA :
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year of general administrative experience (ex. Answering phones, making travel arrangement, distributing correspondence).
- Experience coordinating and scheduling multiple events simultaneously.
- Experience managing calendar for 1 or more individuals.
- Experience working with individuals at the executive level.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
- Basic email and internet explorer skills (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- 2 years of general administrative experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree