- Engages patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves patient issues in a timely manner and answers questions to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and joyful patient experience, including interpersonal habits that show care (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., demonstrating curiosity to identify needs and proactively helping, servicing until satisfied, championing empathy and inclusivity, etc.).
- Connects with patients by anticipating needs and proactively offering services. Leads efforts on enhancing patient experience by increasing awareness of healthcare services offered through Walgreens (e.g. patient consultation, medication management, drug therapy reviews, and perform clinical, or wellness services such as immunizations, diagnostic testing, and patient outcomes services) thereby promoting the shift of the Walgreen’s pharmacy role from transactional to interpersonal.
- Participates and assists in events that reflect the unique communities we serve as requested by Store Manager, Healthcare Supervisor, or District Manager.
- Counsels' patients and answers their questions regarding usage of medicine, side effects, interactions, contraindications, patient information privacy, generics, less expensive medicines, over-the-counter products, and refers to medical provider as needed to ensure medication is taken correctly, health needs addressed, and satisfaction with service.
- Performs pharmacist tasks including compounding, drug therapy reviews, verification, and medication management.
- Reviews, interprets and accurately dispenses prescribed medications when necessitated by workload.
- Ensures the pharmacy operates in accordance with regulations, company policies and standards. Responsible for establishing procedures that promote the efficient workflow of the pharmacy including overseeing the staff scheduling, assigning roles, coordinating activities, and soliciting team member suggestions. Responsible for the opening and closing of the pharmacy and shift change and scheduling duties.
- Ensures the use of all elements of the Good Faith Dispensing policy in conjunction with state and federal controlled substance laws when filling prescriptions. The Product Review/Retail Fill Process Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring that elements of Good Faith are present.
- Collaborates with Store Manager to define and develop new strategic business opportunities.
- Maintains current knowledge of information technology associated with pharmacy systems including workflow, prescription fulfillment, billing, clinical documentation, training, inventory management, and point of sale registers to provide support to patients as well as pharmacy staff. Seeks new and better ways to further promote productivity.
- Ensures the accurate processing of insurance claims to resolve patient issues and prevent payment rejections. Follows up with insurance companies and medical providers and conducts or participates in 3rd party audits.
- Follows-up with medical providers’ offices to clarify prescribed medications, dosages, refills, interactions and allergies to suggest alternative medications, and answer medical provider questions.
- Performs clinical and wellness services such as immunizations, diagnostic testing, disease state management and other healthcare services.
- Partners with centralized support for patient registration, exception resolution, and assists with resolving patient issues. In virtual environments, conducts virtual product review by following specific company procedures and guidelines.
- Manages the maintenance, housekeeping, and improvement of the pharmacy department including repairs, cleaning, new equipment, and changes to the layout to ensure a functioning, presentable and efficient pharmacy.
- Prepares, maintains and submits all records, reports, and other documentation as required by state and federal laws to run the pharmacy business (e.g. operating statements, performance indicator reports, supervision notes, deletions, transfers, etc.).
- Collaborates with store manager on pharmacy staff hiring and carries out discipline and termination as necessary.
- Partners with Store Manager to establishing expectations and goals while promoting teamwork. Monitors and recognizes pharmacy employee progress and implements rewards programs while fostering a shared vision. Optimizes patient experience through focused coaching and performance behaviors.
- Manages pharmacy staff performance by conducting formal performance reviews, oversees and ensures the training of pharmacy employees (e.g., using the correct processes and tools in order to drive efficiency in the pharmacy, leading and driving technician tasks and activities). Ensures compliance with employment laws.
- Identifies and develops high potential team members and collaborates with store manager to proactively managing career progression.
- Addresses employee relations concerns and maintains morale by checking on employee welfare, addressing complaints, conflicts and ensures positive employee management relationship.
- Maintains current knowledge and required licensing/credentialing/certification as established by federal and state regulations to provide such clinical services.
- Maintains and enhances current knowledge and skills related to pharmacy and healthcare by reading pharmacy related journals, company publications, and communications. Maintains awareness of developments in retail and management and pursues best practices that would enhance performance and business acumen.
- Obtains necessary certifications, education credits and training, including learning modules, as required by the Company.
- Seeks professional development by monitoring one’s performance, solicits for constructive feedback, and leverages healthcare supervisor and store manager as mentor and coach.
- Supports the Store Manager by communicating relevant corporate health and wellness services or strategy information to pharmacy staff.
- Business Performance Management
- Responsible for analyzing performance data including pharmacy financial, customer service, and inventory. Manages pharmacy asset protection activities and oversees inventory management. Identifies pharmacy performance trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with local medical community including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers. Reaches out to the community to promote the pharmacy business and further enhance growth opportunities. Supports Store Manager in expanding health and wellness awareness in the community.
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Current pharmacist licensure in the states within the district.
- Certified Immunizer or willing to become an immunizer within 90 days of hire.
- At least 1 year pharmacy experience including prescription filling, recordkeeping, legal compliance, pharmacy operations, pharmacy software and technology systems and insurance billing. (Some states may require more specific pharmacy experience in which case those requirements would take precedent).
- Experience performing prescription dispensing activities that demonstrate a strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal controlled substance laws.
- An average rating of at least 3.0 on the leadership behaviors on the last performance review if one is on file, and no written disciplinary actions in the last 12 months (Internal candidates only).
Walgreens [Register to View] is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- Supervisory experience planning, organizing, and directing the work of pharmacy staff.
- At least 6 months pharmacy experience with Walgreen Co.
- An average rating of 3.7 or above on the leadership behaviors on the last performance review if one is on file. (Internal candidates only)
To see the salary range for this position please click here: [Register to View] . If you are applying on a job board or unable to click on the link, please copy and paste this URL into your browser [Register to View]