Specialist V, Security (1st/2nd Shift 11:00AM-7:00PM Monday-Friday)(Floater)
- Ensures regulatory and corporate policy compliance (for example, Payment Card Industry (PCI), personally identifiable information (PII), Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), Fire Code, Life Safety) by addressing compliance-related issues; reporting and correcting violations (for example, eyewash stations, fire extinguishers, panic/duress alarms, egress and ingress routes); and implementing solutions to achieve compliance.
- Supports the development and implementation of protocols, programs, and training by providing input; making recommendations for improvement of safety and security protocols, standard operating procedures (SOPs), training, and security programs; ensuring compliance with Corporate Security protocols, SOPs, and company policy; updating and maintaining site-specific responsibilities; initiating the incident command system in emergency situations until relieved; and providing tactical response to emergency situations (for example, domestic violence, workplace violence, fire, severe weather, active shooter, chemical spill).
- Implements security systems and strategies (for example, compliance, crisis response, threat management, investigations, patrol, dispatch) by responding to alarm and intrusion detection system activation (for example, voice evacuation, panic/duress device, perimeter, motion/ground sensor); determining priorities of action in emergency situations; providing tactical security responses to life safety events and incidents (for example, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), First Aid) according to company guidelines; ensuring threats are reported and assisting with mitigation of identified threats; investigating reported corporate facility threats, allegations of policy violations, criminal activity, security breaches, and complaints; assessing visitor (for example, associates, guests, supplier, drivers, panhandlers) threat level; assisting with and escorting critical and valued information and merchandise (for example, legal files and documents, diamonds, mergers and acquisition documents)
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external partners to promote a safe working environment by providing tactical emergency responses during life safety incidents (for example, fire, bomb threats, active shooter situations); providing customer service with internal (for example, Alarm Technicians, Asset Protection, Facility Management) and external (for example, law enforcement, regulatory agencies) groups; and reporting feedback from customers. Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback. Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Develops, communicates, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs by collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; analyzing and applying information from multiple sources; monitoring progress and results; and identifying and addressing improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates, promotes, and supports compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by explaining, guiding, and demonstrating how to apply these in executing business processes and practices; implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and assisting management with correcting ethical and compliance issues and problems.
- Leads and participates in teams by using and sharing resources, information, and tools; determining customer needs and business priorities; coordinating and executing work assignments; providing advice, feedback, and support to ensure timelines and work quality are achieved; and modeling and helping others with how to adapt to change or new challenges.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Customer/Member Centered: Satisfy the Customer/Member - Uses information and feedback to determine customer/member expectations. Works with others to exceed customer/member expectations. Seeks out ways to improve customer/member service. Teaches others how to find and use resources to respond to customer/member requests.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Team Performance - Plans work based on business priorities and explains to others what is needed to get work done. Identifies and oversees the tasks needed to reach goals. Looks for and suggests ways to improve performance and results.
- Influence and Communicate: Communicate and Promote Commitment - Gives the information needed to gain support for ideas or plans. Builds trusting relationships and works with others to reach goals. Shares clear priorities and work practices with others. Prepares written work that is accurate and complete. Communicates in a respectful and professional manner.
- Adaptability: Adapt to Requirements - Adapts to changing demands and business needs. Encourages and embraces change, even when others hesitate. Builds the knowledge and skills to handle challenges and tasks. Sets an example for others when implementing changes (for example, readily carries out improvement efforts, handles change-related issues). Shows support for, commitment to, and trust in changes.
- Judgment: Make Informed Choices - Makes timely and effective decisions, even when information is not clear. Identifies and uses policies, procedures, and guides to make the right choices. Uses resources, data, tools, and facts to set priorities and make informed decisions. Identifies what might be a problem and corrects it or clearly describes it to those who can correct it.
- Execution and Results: Oversee Work and Get Results - Makes sure work is completed to expectations. Executes plans and manages own and others' time so that priorities are met. Gives others the support and information they need to get results. Organizes tasks and makes sure they are completed on time.
- Ethics and Compliance: Oversee Performance to Ethical Standards - Clearly explains policies and procedures and teaches others how to act in accordance with them. Guides associates on how to use the highest standards of integrity and ethics in their work. Helps managers find and correct ethical and legal problems. Treats all associates fairly and with respect.
- Talent: Provide Information and Feedback - Guides and teaches associates on how to perform their work. Assigns tasks to associates and provides the tools they need to carry them out. Gives clear, constructive feedback on performance to associates and leaders. Recognizes associates for their positive contributions. Shows concern for associates and is available to meet with them. Looks for and follows up on developmental opportunities.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
- Traveling is necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Travels domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring an overnight stay.
- Travels domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring consecutive overnight stays.
- Travels domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites during the workday.
- Travels internationally to and from multiple facilities or worksites requiring extended overnight stays.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, Emergency Management, Risk Management, Homeland Security, or related field OR 2 years' experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area.
- 2 years' experience with data analytics.
- 1 year's experience with Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Successful completion of all core components of the Physical Security Specialist Training Academy within 90 days of hire.
Successful completion of any new core components (or re-certification requirements) of the Physical Security Specialist Training Academy during employment.
1 years' experience in security, law enforcement, military, emergency services, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Analytics - Big Data, Data Analysis and Insights, Microsoft Office
801 CORDA BLVD, CRAWFORDSVILLE, IN 47933-2152, United States of America