What you'll do...
Supports Plant Operations by assisting associates in developing work requests; instructing associates in proper utilization of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS); assisting others in developing work requests; reviewing maintenance work requests for clarity and completeness as well as to avoid duplication; processing maintenance work requests for approval to work orders by the Maintenance Manager or Plant Engineer.
Assists Maintenance Operations by developing maintenance focused purchase requests; instructing others to properly utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System(CMMS); submitting maintenance purchase requests for non-stock items; reviewing maintenance purchase requests for clarity and completeness as well as to avoid duplication; processing maintenance purchase requests with appropriate vendor selection and pricing for approval to purchase orders by the Maintenance Manager or Plant Engineer; receiving maintenance purchases; updating materials and parts inventory; recording and monitoring inventory transactions; ensuring parts and materials storage areas are organized and maintained; preparing work carts, materials, and/or tools for maintenance associates.
Collaborates effectively with department and cross-functional teams to define and implement process improvements that provide value to the customer by identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and optimize cost effectiveness with key focus on storeroom, maintenance, plant, and business goals; following established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements; and supporting the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the Safe Quality Food (SQF).
Utilizes the CMMS to schedule and coordinate maintenance activities (for example, preventive, corrective, emergency) in relation to the production and sanitation schedules by ensuring availability of resources (associates, parts, tools, services) following equipment specific maintenance plans or correcting equipment status as directed; and assisting in the maintenance and/or updating of equipment specific maintenance plans as directed by the Reliability Manager. Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback. Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others'
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications:1 year's work experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) or Manufacturing Computerized System/SAP. 1 year's customer service or accounts management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Experience utilizing reporting methods and tools for tracking and managing key performance metrics, Maintenance experience in a dairy plant, food processing, or manufacturing environment
Bachelors: Mechanical Engineering
2150 W PLEASANT CENTER ROAD, FORT WAYNE, IN 46819-0000, United States of America