Senior Designer (US) - UX Walmart Business
- Driving the creation of designs, prototypes, and specifications that will advance the team's strategic and operational objectives.
- Synthesizing ideas from multiple sources and across industries and geographies to identify UX needs / opportunities (including quantitative consumer insights, qualitative customer research, customer satisfaction indices, future trends and forecasts, and competitive landscape).
- Participating in efforts to understand and address the root causes of customer behavior changes, including usability and brainstorming sessions.
- Creating user experience tools, documentation, and processes by maintaining holistic viewpoint when tackling project decisions and defining scalable solutions frameworks.
- Balancing creativity with the heritage and design assets of Walmart; embracing best practices.
- Developing detailed design documentation and specifications required to implement design; reviewing project product requirements document to ensure correct translation of design and providing quality assurance feedback to Product and Engineering teams.
- Working cross-functionally and building strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Helping to build an inclusive team environment.
- Acting with urgency.
What you'll do:
- An innovative thinker and creator.
- Able to bring design thinking to life.
- A great communicator, with strong presentation skills.
- Able to translate design vision into cohesive, high usability, scalable, multi-channel customer experiences.
- An empathetic advocate for customers, utilizing user-centered design best practices, and proactively anticipating requirements.
- Able to partner collaboratively and prioritize effectively with peers (Business, Product, Engineering).
- Experience in rapid prototyping.
- Experience in B2B design and user experience (small and medium business, and/or enterprise).
- Focused on adaptability, and continuous learning and improvement of user experience tools, and discovery and development processes for creativity, speed and efficiency.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability , and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in UI/UX design, graphic design, visual communication, product design, computer science, information technology, or related area and 3 years' experience in UI/UX, interactive and visual design, electronics art, multimedia design, or related area. Option 2: 5 years' experience in UI/UX, interactive and visual design, electronics art, multimedia design, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies (for example, AJAX, Ruby on Rails, strong HTML/CSS skills), Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software Design
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America