Prepared Food Lead
- Be a Team Leader: Supervises the team within all prepared foods departments (for example, café, rotisserie, and prepared foods) by facilitating rotations through different fresh areas and managing members' needs to deliver on the business plan and contribute to the overall success of your
- club; communicating the goals of the department; executing company programs; adhering to policies and being an advocate for the member, the associate, and the company.
- Be an Expert: Maintains an in-depth knowledge of business on the floor and backroom operations by ensuring the prepared foods area meets company and regulatory standards for quality, inventory, production, sanitation, equipment usage, safety, and compliance. Manages seasonality in
- terms of production; understanding new products, recipes, processes, and production specifications; prioritizing time between areas. Collaborates with associates and third parties; ensuring the team has resources to do their job effectively; sharing knowledge and training the team.
- Be a Techie: Leverages digital tools to plan for and drive sales, improve the shopping experience, and elevate associate engagement. Utilizes hand held technology to make immediate business decisions related to production, training, and product quality; and adopting new tools and encouraging others to use them.
- Be an Owner: Drives the business results, ensuring commitment to operational excellence, planning for profitability, maintaining a neat, clean, and safe work area in the prepared foods area; ensuring appropriate staffing levels and accurate audit and compliance standards; producing and
- displaying merchandise according to the merchandise layout plan; engaging with other departments and third-party business partners (for example, maintenance personnel, suppliers, equipment vendors) to ensure operational continuity.
- Be a Talent Ambassador: Teaches and trains the team by identifying training needs; providing and developing necessary skills to deliver high quality products to the members; encouraging career growth for team members; and sourcing new talent internally and externally to work on the team.
- Develops, communicates, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs by collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; analyzing and applying information from multiple sources; monitoring progress and results; and identifying and addressing improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates, promotes, and supports compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by explaining, guiding, and demonstrating how to apply these in executing business processes and practices; implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and assisting management with correcting ethical and compliance issues and problems.
- Leads and participates in teams by using and sharing resources, information, and tools; determining customer needs and business priorities; coordinating and executing work assignments; providing advice, feedback, and support to ensure timelines and work quality are achieved; and modeling and helping others with how to adapt to change or new challenges.
At Sam's Club, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see [Register to View]
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see [Register to View]
The hourly wage range for this position is $24.00 to $32.00*
*The actual hourly rate will equal or exceed the required minimum wage applicable to the job location.
Additional Compensation Includes Annual Or Quarterly Performance Incentives.
Additional compensation in the form of premiums may be paid in amounts ranging from $0.35 per hour to $3.00 per hour in specific circumstances. Premiums may be based on schedule, facility, season, or specific work performed. Multiple premiums may apply if applicable criteria are met.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications6 months experience in a fresh production department or 6 months experience supervising a team.
I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying requires me to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments within a prescribed time period if I receive the position.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Supervising a team
Food Handler Certification (Food Safety) - Certification
3735 UNION RD, CHEEKTOWAGA, NY 14225-4200, United States of America