Sr HR Generalist, Micro Fulfillment Center
- Maintains relationship with Employee Relations to investigate employee concerns and respond fairly to employees, with consistent interpretation of appropriate laws and policies, and appropriate coaching to employees and management. May provide disciplinary measures to employees who are not compliant with policies or performance expectations recommendations to department managers and HR manager concerning termination of employees, as needed.
- Provide business partnership to Operation Leaders on methods and approaches to facilitate positive employee experiences.
- Regularly spend time in departments throughout the facility, create good working relationships, recommend and facilitate changes to create and maintain a team environment, which fosters open communication and employee participation. Develops and maintains relationships with operations business partners to drive team member experience in a way that achieves business outcomes and team member engagement.
- Monitor performance evaluation program for fairness and consistency.
- Develop and maintain knowledge regarding employment laws, labor relations, benefits and compensation practices, and company policies that relate to job responsibilities and integrate them into own best practices.
- Accountable for supporting the implementation of HR related programs, resources and tools to optimize the workplace environment. Works closely with operations, communications, and HR leadership to ensure content and messaging reach the team members timely and with the appropriate messaging.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partners, and other HR departments to craft recruitment strategies that will drive candidate flow and experience for the site staffing needs.
- Reviews and manages a set of routine HR data to support efficient people processes such as organizational chart management, consistent compensation practices, and workforce planning activity.
- Provides coaching to business leaders at multiple leadership levels to ensure a consistent team member experience and improve engagement across the business unit. Partners with learning, development, and talent management teams to ensure team members are trained and supported in company and department procedures.
- Connects with HR Shared Services, HR Information Services, and Compensation to ensure timely resolution of team member concerns and data systems accurately reflect team member population data.
- Directly engages with appropriate business support teams to manage workforce planning activities and guides operations in developing a strategic talent management strategy for site specific market. Provides analysis of local market and talent needs to guide development of HR programs and processes.
About Walgreens and WBA
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- Bachelor degree and at least 1 year of experience in Human Resources OR High School GED and at least 4 years of experience in Human Resources
- Experience with talent acquisition, employee relations, training, compensation, benefits, and HRIS systems, administration, or procedures.
- Experience applying analytical capabilities.
- Experience communicating with influence and collaborating with business operations teams to influence positive outcomes.
- Willingness to work in a 24 and 7 operation where shifts and days may change, when necessary.
- Willing to travel up to 10 percent of the time for business purposes within state and out of state
- Bachelors degree in business, psychology, or a related field and at least 3 years of HR experience.
- More than 1 year contributing to or influencing HR strategy development with or without direct leadership involvement
- Preferred certification as PHR granted by HRCI
- Experience working with Federal, State and Local labor and employment laws, workers compensation, FMLA, ADA, and OSHA.
- Experience counseling employees and coaching management
- Experience facilitating training sessions.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office Suite.