Healthcare Services Pharmacist
- Engages patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves patient issues in a timely manner and answers questions to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Models and shares patient service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and joyful experience, including interpersonal habits that show care (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., demonstrating curiosity to identify needs and proactively helping, servicing until satisfied, championing empathy and inclusivity, etc.).
- Connects with patients by anticipating needs and proactively offering services. Supports efforts on enhancing patient experience by increasing awareness of healthcare services offered through Walgreens (e.g., patient consultation, medication management, drug therapy reviews, and perform clinical, or wellness services such as immunizations, diagnostic testing, and patient outcomes services) thereby promoting the shift of the Walgreens pharmacy role from transactional to interpersonal.
- Provides clinical services to patients, such as immunizations or MTM interventions, ensuring compliance with regulatory guidelines, company policies and procedures.
- Ensures the use of all elements of the Good Faith Dispensing policy in conjunction with state and federal controlled substance laws when filling prescriptions. The Product Review/Retail Fill Process Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring that elements of Good Faith are present.
- Maintains current knowledge and required licensing/credentialing/certification as established by federal and state regulations to provide such clinical services.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills related to pharmacy and healthcare by reading pharmacy related journals, company publications, and communications. Maintains awareness of developments in retail and management and pursues best practices that would enhance performance.
- Obtains necessary certifications, education credits and training, including learning modules, as required by the Company.
Walgreens [Register to View] is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharmacist Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Current pharmacist licensure in the states within the district.
- Certified Immunizer or willing to become an immunizer within 90 days of hire.
To see the salary range for this position please click here: [Register to View] . If you are applying on a job board or unable to click on the link, please copy and paste this URL into your browser https://jobs.walgreens.com/en/payhsrph
The following information is applicable for San Francisco, CA applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.