Inventory Control Specialist, Micro Fulfillment Pharmacy-Indianapolis
- Validates process adherence within facility and partners to create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Coordinates inventory activities in collaboration with Pharmacist in charge (PIC), Site Director, and senior leaders.
- Educates team members on warehouse and vendor inventory management processes including but not limited to creating, reviewing, and receiving orders, processing inter store orders in a timely and accurate manner. Serves as a liaison between management and non management team members by educating and developing other capabilities with inventory systems.
- Ensures all deliveries are all deliveries are scanned in, including common carrier deliveries. Takes the appropriate action marking delivery as received if the product was physically delivered, contacting vendor for past undelivered scheduled receipts, and opening tickets as needed to correct inaccurate orders.
- Under supervision, verifies all pharmacy shipments are posted for products physically received at the Central Fulfillment site. Completes pharmacy inventory activities including but not limited to pharmacy recalls following Pharmacy Hazardous Waste Policy, vendor returns, non controlled, and damaged salvage returns. Facilitates excess inventory returns or inter store pharmacy transfers or returns where applicable for pharmacy items. Verifies posting of all pharmacy or prescription claims, maintains accurate inventory counts and accuracy of on hand quantities in pharmacy cycle counts. Maintains the accuracy of on hand quantities including but not limited to basic departments, stockroom, overstock locations.
- Manages consumables process to ensure all item availability for site. Completes On Shelf Availability (OSA) end to end process including warehouse and direct delivery for planogrammed areas, executing disposals, call ins, and vendor returns before expiration, completes counts regularly.
- Responsible for supporting pharmacy ordering by ordering expense items. Monitors pharmacy manual orders to identify excess orders. Maintains consigned inventory and orders as required.
- Ensures all designated pull and quarantine item on-hands are updated and placed in the designated holding area.
- Helps to prepare for physical inventory and supports the physical inventory day activities, including but not limited to preparing floor, and pharmacy for inventory and auditing the third party team on the day of inventory.
- Ensures the facility maintains inventory compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products.
- Assists in the maintenance of inventory records, including receiving and posting of all products received at the store in all inventory systems as needed. Organizes files and retains all invoices or receipts or return authorizations necessary for all inventory activities.
- Assists and coaches Fulfillment site team on all package delivery activities, including scanning in and out of packages, completing all daily inventory functions and, package returns at Walgreens.
- Supports keeping all counters and shelves clean and well stocked.
- Knowledgeable of all systems and equipment.
- Completes and or verifies postings of all pharmacy warehouse orders, secondary vendor orders, performing any necessary tote audits and accurately reporting any shortages or damaged product. Completes any additional activities and other tasks as assigned.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Attends company based trainings for continuous development and completes all e learning modules including safety training requirements.
- Obtains and maintains a valid pharmacy technician registration or license or certification if required by the state
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of diagnostics or analytics in an inventory management or relevant field.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Must have a willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- “Achieving expectations” rating on last performance review and no written disciplinary actions in the previous 12 months (internal candidates only).
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems. Experience in performing diagnostics and analytical tasks.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills (at least 30 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents, 10 key numeric pad).
- Bachelors degree and at least 1 year of experience in diagnostics or analytics in an inventory management role.
- Prefer previous experience as a pharmacy technician or inventory management.
- Experience planning and organizing tasks to bring about the successful completion of specific goals and objectives.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to multi task and manage execution