Senior Engineer - Cloud Networking
- Plans, designs, develops, and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products including cloud based or internet related tools
- Writes code that meets specifications for large and highly complex software programs and systems
- Develops software applications and tools. Participates in business , technical process discovery and software design
- Develops software applications, tools and cloud services following Agile development methodologies
- Delivers software features with exceptional quality, meeting designated release plans and delivery commitments
- This role is assigned to important complicated undertakings is operates with little need for guidance
- Contributes to and participates actively in the design, architecture and build phases, to aim at producing high quality deliverables, working with existing architects where appropriate. Participates in the evaluation of compatibility of SaaS products, existing internal programs and infrastructure service
- Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization Works closely with other team members in guiding software architecture and technology decisions
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of the professional function and in depth specialization in some. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise to exchange semi complex information related to assigned activities
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Developing design skills. Has a comprehensive understanding of the organization's current software applications and tools. Has in-depth knowledge of programming languages important to the organization. Has in depth knowledge of Cloud Services
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Mentors less experienced members of the team
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in communities nationwide
- Bachelors degree and at least 4 years of Experience writing code, programming languages and/or building applications or automations OR High School/GED and at least 7 years of experience writing code, programming languages and/or building applications or automations
- Experience writing code for applications, automation or products that will be used by other developers
- Experience with programming languages for online applications, microservices, APIs or mobile applications
- Experience building, testing applications or automation
- Knowledge of the Cloud Infrastructure and Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience creating coding solutions to fix moderate problems and issues
- Willing to travel up to/at least 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
Experience working in an Agile environment
4+ years of experience in Infrastructure and Automation Teams and migrating on-premises infrastructure to Cloud
8 Year of WAN, DC Network technologies
CCIE, JNCIE Preferred
4+ years of experience with Cloud Infrastructure services (VM’s, VNETS, Subnets, NSG’s, Resource Groups, NAT Gateways, VPN,s VWANs etc ) deployment
4+ years of experience working with Private endpoints, Expressroute, Vnet Gateway, ASR, DNS, load balancing, etc
4+ years strong experince in configuring BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and good understanding of VRRP, HSRP etc.
4+ years in understanding and implementuing load balancing technologies
4+ years Of experience in scripting and automation with some of the following Azure CLI, PowerShell, PERL, Bash, Ruby, Terraform, Pulumi, Bicep, JSON templates, etc.
Experience working with Linux, Windows, Azure Active Directory, Roles, and Policies
5+ years of hands-on experience in using config automation software like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform or equivalent
Good knowledge in implementation of CI/CD pipelines for Cloud or on premise deployments
General working knowledge of GIT Workflows, Pipelines, and code repository management
General understanding of working on Kubernetes platform on a microservices architecture and other DevOps tooling
Good understanding of infrastructure components (e.g. databases, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization)
Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
· General understanding of full stack development ranging from front-end user interfaces to back-end systems
· General knowledge of back-end languages like Java, Node/Typescript, .NET, Python etc. with exposure to performance optimization of high traffic & scalable services
· General understanding of distributed SQL (e.g., Oracle, MySQL), NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra) design & consumption patterns
To review benefits, please click here [Register to View]
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com