Function Lead, Fulfillment Center (Mechanicsville)
- Resolves and/or provides technical advice on complex or critical issues that have been escalated from Senior level roles. Serves as a resource for all representatives. Seeks guidance from Group Supervisor for the most complex and critical issues, questions, or problems.
- Supervises daily activates of all team members for scheduled shift and provides feedback and coaching of team members according to quality standards. Reports any necessary issues or concerns to Group Supervisor.
- Plans, prioritizes, organizes, and completes work to meet established objectives.
- Monitors trends and notifies Group Supervisor of recurring or high priority issues.
- Maintains records of customer and/or client interactions, records details, complaints, comments, and action taken. Responds to escalated inquiries or to notify them of investigation results and planned adjustments.
- Continues to look for ways to improve current processes with enhancements and ideas.
- Monitors team member performance by observing employee demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to company policies. Improves performance of the department by building team morale, motivating team members, and using constructive coaching.
- Identifies areas where additional development is needed and makes recommendations on how to achieve necessary results.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws, as well as company and facility policies and procedures. Maintains standards of performance in accordance with policies and procedures (e.g., HIPAA guidelines/regulations, insurance, and fraud abuse guidelines, required productivity levels, timeliness expectations, etc.).
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- High school diploma/GED and at least two years of experience working in a pharmacy, retail OR fulfillment task oriented environment.
- Requires willingness to obtain a Board of Pharmacy technician license within the state mandated timeline OR currently holds a Board of Pharmacy technician license.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English (except in Puerto Rico).
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents and/or access information on line).
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
- Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician by the state Board of Pharmacy or nationally recognized certification agency and PTCB Certified.
- Process improvement, Lean or Six Sigma experience in a logistics setting.
- Experience in a facility that utilizes pharmacy dispensing technology.