Security Analyst III
- Assesses and evaluates systems to identify weaknesses and assess risk; performs vulnerability testing.
- Implements new or upgraded security measures or controls, and documents system or process changes.
- Reviews security violation reports or logs, investigates possible security exceptions and coordinates with internal teams or external agencies as needed, including managed service providers.
- Develops and executes security controls, defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems. May advise on security controls for projects.
- May advise on penetration testing and vulnerability assessments of applications, operating systems and/or networks. May conduct complex cleanup of legacy environments
- Researches and evaluates cybersecurity threats and performs root cause analysis.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of security solutions, which may include conducting vendor assessments to ensure vendor is complying with security contract language and WBA security requirements.
- May conduct contract reviews for appropriate security language prior to a project/WBA signing
- May conduct remediation management or governance and/or escalations on vendors or operations issues requiring a solution
- May perform as “Level 3” support in the event Managed Service provider is unable to resolve an issue.
- May review projects to ensure alignment with Security Requirements and/or represent info security on projects, when necessary. May conduct oversight of a particular area of Managed Service, when necessary
- Provides information to management as required, including Producing and delivering various dashboard, metrics and other reports, as required
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in IT Security OR High School/ GED and at least 4 years of experience in IT Security
- Experience working in Security Engineering, Threat Response, Security Operations, IT Operations, IT Compliance and/or IT Governance
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Multi-Domain Proficiency: Demonstrate expertise in multiple information security domains, including but not limited to network security, application security, cloud security, and data protection.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate effectively with technical system owners to understand the context of findings and assist in the resolution process. Interact with leadership to communicate the status of security findings and potential risks.
- Expectation Setting: Establish clear expectations for remediation efforts, timelines, and performance metrics. Ensure that all stakeholders understand their roles and responsibilities in the resolution process.
- Follow-Up and Accountability: Monitor the progress of security finding remediation efforts, track compliance, and hold responsible parties accountable for meeting deadlines and maintaining security standards.
- Reporting and Documentation: Generate comprehensive reports on the status of open findings, trends in vulnerabilities, and overall security posture. Maintain detailed records of findings, resolutions, and actions taken.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay current with evolving threats, vulnerabilities, and security best practices. Recommend and implement process improvements to enhance the effectiveness of the information security program.
- CISSP or CISA Certification
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans