Sr Certified Pharmacy Tech - Centralized Services
- Using Walgreens prescription data entry procedures and guidelines, processes new patient registration by entering data into appropriate system. Handles patient prescription requests within HIPAA guidelines and enters refill orders for processing. Troubleshoots to obtain missing prescription information, and interprets medical abbreviations (SIG codes). Resolves intermediate to complex questions or issues that reflect substantial variety and detail. Serves as a resource for lower level technicians.
- Assists in the coordination of the day-to-day activities of technicians. May assist with difficult customers and/or requiring in-depth knowledge. Handles correspondence to patients and makes outbound calls to patients and prescribers as needed.
- Serves as first escalation point for problem resolution. Anticipates client needs and proactively identifies solutions. Seeks guidance from supervisory or managerial staff only for the most complex or escalated questions or problems.
- Resolves Third Party Rejects by reviewing, gathering information, making corrections and resubmitting for processing according to individual plan requirements. Makes telephone calls to insurers and others to obtain information, gain override approval or otherwise resolve the Third Party Rejects where applicable.
- Provides assistance to Pharmacists, both those in the facility and those at other locations. Identifies and communicates issues to senior level staff as appropriate.
- Monitors trends and notifies supervisor or recurring or high priority issues.
- Looks for ways to improve current processes with enhancements and ideas.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 2 years of customer service or pharmacy technician experience.
- Must have an active pharmacy technician license or certification as required by state Board of Pharmacy.
- Active PTCB national certification required.
- Currently meeting or exceeding established quality and productivity standards, currently a Technician II level and 1 year total experience as a Technician (Technician I and/or II)
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
- Intermediate to advanced PC and Search Engine skill level skills.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Handles multiple Lines of business.
- 18 years of age or older
- At least two years as a Centralized Services Specialist II or three years of pharmacy technician experience in a retail or call center environment
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.