Job Classification:Actuarial - Actuarial
The Actuarial Valuation & Projections team serves multiple stakeholders across the enterprise by supporting valuation and financial reporting requirements for US GAAP, US STAT, and risk management. The team also plays a central role in the execution of the enterprise’s strategic priorities.
As a key member of the Actuarial Valuation & Projections team, you will be responsible for leading a team of actuarial professionals executing GAAP financial reporting as well as generating insights and analysis that support the Individual Life Insurance (ILI) business unit's strategic objectives.
Recently, in conjunction with other areas, the ILI GAAP Actuarial team successfully transitioned processes, models, and calculation methodologies to long duration targeted improvements (LDTI). To meet the heightened disclosure requirements, significant system, model, and automation efforts accompanied the implementation. The highly motivated Valuation team executes and delivers ILI’s GAAP Actuarial balances. We are looking for an adaptable, skilled leader to continue delivery of high-quality and insightful financial results to senior business leaders.
• Lead the five-member ILI Actuarial Valuation team focused on producing quarterly and annual financial reports under US GAAP.
• Deliver accurate and timely results to Finance partners.
• Implement efficient and robust process improvements while maintaining a strong level of control and governance across systems and processes.
• Close collaboration with modeling, enterprise, audit, and technology partners.
• Design analysis tools for explaining financial drivers.
• Assist in preparation and execution of the ILI forecast.
• Be an active participant in Prudential’s actuarial community.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• FSA with US GAAP financial reporting knowledge particularly FAS97, FAS60, and FAS157.
• Experience with Individual Life Insurance products is helpful.
• Familiarity with reinsurance is helpful.
• Strong communication skills at conveying key messages and takeaways from technical topics.
• Fast learner in developing intuition around reserve drivers.
• Demonstrated ability to improve, streamline, and accelerate execution processes.
• Experience coaching and developing team members.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.