Job Classification:Actuarial - Actuarial
The Actuarial Valuation & Projections team serves multiple stakeholders across the enterprise by supporting valuation and financial reporting requirements for US GAAP, US STAT, and risk management. The team also plays a central role in the execution of the enterprise’s strategic priorities.
As a key member of the Actuarial Valuation & Projections team, you will be responsible for leading a team of actuarial professionals executing forecast activities as well as generating insights and analysis that support the Individual Life Insurance (ILI) business unit's strategic objectives.
The highly motivated ILI Forecast team recently implemented a major end-to-end overhaul of the forecast process and is focused on improving analytics and understanding across our product lines (Variable, Interest Sensitive, and Traditional Life). We are looking for a driven, proven leader to guide the team through this effort, to collaborate closely with other functional areas, and to orchestrate the execution of the forecast process.
• Lead the five-member Actuarial team charged with producing and explaining the ILI forecast.
• Deliver timely and comprehensive projections of ILI’s future cash flows, AOI, GAAP, Stat and Tax balances.
o Include Sales and Strategic decisions into Business unit projections
o Stress testing under potential market, mortality, and policyholder behavior scenarios
• Provide insights to the ILI leadership team to understand earnings and cash flow drivers and to help optimize new products, inforce management, and enable confident decision making.
• Implement efficient and robust process improvements while maintaining a strong level of control and governance across systems and processes.
• Assist in preparation and execution of GAAP financial reports.
• Be an active participant in Prudential’s actuarial community.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Excellent communication skills, particularly in presenting results to executives.
• FSA with significant GAAP and Stat financial reporting knowledge.
• Experience with Individual Life Insurance is helpful.
• Ability to build strong stakeholder connections across diverse functional areas, including business, actuarial, finance, treasury, modeling, and risk.
• Excellent coaching and talent development skills.
• Fast learner in developing intuition around product and reserve drivers.
• Proven track record of orchestrating and managing how processes and systems tie together.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.