PGIM Private Capital - Investment Analyst, Corporate Finance (Chicago, IL)
Job Classification:Investment Management - Investments
A GLOBAL FIRM WITH A DIVERSE & INCLUSIVE CULTURE
At PGIM, we care about our employees, and we are committed to seeing them succeed. We provide our employees with access to professional development and support to help drive their success and ability to innovate.
What You Can Expect
- Challenging and interesting work – we are one the largest investors in the private capital markets
- Formal structured training alongside on the job training
- Foundational, broadly applicable training on how to better understand companies and industries
- Being a part of a large, vibrant and diverse cohort of Analyst Program peers across the world
- Direct, daily partnership with senior level investment professionals on small teams
- A collaborative and collegial team environment where your contributions have a major impact
- Exposure to a broad range of industries including manufacturing, service, distribution, renewable power, and infrastructure
- Direct exposure to senior executives at portfolio and prospect companies
- A fast-paced learning environment while maintaining a balanced life
Day to Day Analyst Responsibilities
- Industry and company research
- Financial modeling and credit analysis
- Writing investment recommendations
- Communication with portfolio companies
- Transaction and due diligence support
- Portfolio and credit monitoring
- Preparation of marketing materials and special projects
What you will bring
- Accredited bachelor’s degree with coursework in finance, accounting, and economics
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 with a GPA of 3.5, or better, preferred
- 1-2 years of professional experience in either commercial banking, investment banking, or accounting / valuations
- Well developed analytical, writing, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Interest in investing
- Preference given for candidates in Chicago, IL
- Successful candidates must possess US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration. Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
What we offer you
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance and PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Retirement plans: 401(k) plan with generous company match (up to 4%); Company-funded pension plan
- Wellness Programs to help you achieve your wellbeing goals, including up to $1,600 a year for reimbursement of items purchased to support personal wellbeing needs
- Work/Life Resources to help support topics such as parenting, housing, senior care, finances, pets, legal matters, education, emotional health, and career development.
- Tuition Assistance to help finance traditional college enrollment, approved degrees, many accredited certificate programs, and industry designations.
- To find out more about our Total Reward package, visit [Register to View]
About PGIM Private Capital
At PGIM Private Capital, expertise, analysis, and experience drive everything we do. We strategically target select global markets to offer unique deal flow to investors and prospective issuers. Our team is comprised of forward-thinking, focused professionals who collaborate at all levels to manage originations and a private debt portfolio across investment grade, high yield and mezzanine investments. We invest in the potential of our employees by offering them large-scope, small-team emphasis on collaboration, and commitment to a healthy balance between a professional and personal life. We inspire you as an individual so you can make real contributions while you grow your capabilities.
About PGIM – Global Asset Management
PGIM is the global asset management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU), a leading global investment manager with nearly US$1.2 trillion in assets under management as of 30th December, 2022. With offices in 18 countries, PGIM’s businesses offer a range of investment solutions for retail and institutional investors around the world across a broad range of asset classes, including public fixed income, private fixed income, fundamental equity, quantitative equity, real estate and alternatives.
With a history dating back almost 145 years, and experience through more than 30 market cycles, PGIM takes a long-term view, not only in our investment philosophy, but also in how we nurture our talent. We want to see our employees excel from their first day with the firm and throughout their tenure with PGIM. We will inspire you, support you, and help you reach your greatest personal and professional aspirations. If PGIM sounds like the place for you, join us. For more information about PGIM, visit [Register to View]
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Prudential Financial, Inc. is focused on creating a fully inclusive culture, where all employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. We do not just accept difference—we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it. At Prudential, employees have a unique opportunity to build their career path by owning their development, their career, and their future. We encourage employees to hone their skills and explore continued opportunities within Prudential.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.