Pharmacy Technician NL Fulfillment Center
- Using Walgreens prescription data entry procedures and guidelines, processes new patient registration by entering data into appropriate system. Handles patient prescription requests within HIPAA guidelines and enters refill orders for processing. Troubleshoots to obtain missing prescription information, and interprets medical abbreviations (SIG codes). Resolves all data entry related exceptions.
- Run automated machinery, sort medications, transition inventory through different workflow stages with a focus on quality control.
- Count and fill prescriptions, affix labels, pack and ship. Clean and help maintain machinery and maintain an ordlerly work area.
- Resolves Third Party Rejects by reviewing, gathering information, making corrections and resubmitting for processing according to individual plan requirements.
- Provides assistance to Pharmacists, both those in the facility and those at other locations. Identifies and communicates issues to senior level staff as appropriate.
- Must obtain active technician license or certification within the first 90 days and maintain an active technician license or certification.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents and/or access information on-line).
- Basic Search Engines skills to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online.
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills (at least 25 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents).
- Willing and able to perform tasks which include pushing, pulling, grasping and lifting with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to carry up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to work a flexible shift.
- 18 years of age or older
- At least one year of pharmacy technician experience in a retail, fullfillment or call center environment.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality and productivity standards for services.
- Required certification/registration as a Pharmacy Technician by state as granted by the state Board of Pharmacy or nationally recognized certification agency.
- Intermediate to advanced level keyboarding skills (at least 35 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents).