Senior Software Engineer
Job Classification:Technology - Engineering & Cloud
Are you interested in building capabilities that enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency? The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA! When you join our organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock an exciting and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
Your Team & Role
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Emerging Digital Technology team, you will partner with product owners, tech leads, designers, engineers and delivery professionals. You will code, test and debug new and existing applications as you implement capabilities to solve sophisticated business problems, deploy innovative products, services and experiences to delight our customers! In addition to applied experience, you will bring excellent problem solving, communication and teamwork skills, along with agile ways of working, strong business insight, an inclusive leadership attitude and a continuous learning focus to all that you do.
Here is What You Can Expect on a Typical Day
- Build applications ensuring that the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards, using modern design patterns and architectural principles; actively code against the roadmap
- Develop high quality, well documented and efficient code adhering to all applicable Prudential standards
- Collaborate with product owners in understanding needs and defining feature stories, tech leads in defining technical design and other team members to understand the system end-to-end and deliver robust solutions that bring about business impact
- Write unit, integration tests and functional automation, researching problems discovered by quality assurance or product support, developing solutions to address the problems
- Bring an applied understanding of relevant and emerging technologies, begin to identify opportunities to provide input to the team and coach others, and embed learning and innovation in the day-to-day
- Work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
The Skills & Expertise You Bring
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering or experience in related fields
- Leverage diverse ideas, experiences, thoughts and perspectives to the benefit of the organization
- Experience with agile development methodologies and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Knowledge of business concepts tools and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business
- Ability to learn new skills and knowledge on an on-going basis through self-initiative and tackling challenges
- Excellent problem solving, communication and collaboration skills
- Applied experience with several of the following:
- Programming Languages: Python, Java or Java Script; working in distributed systems, object oriented programming, design patterns and design methodology; JAVA services using Spring CLI, Maven, Microservice, multi-threading, Concurrency and parallel processing
- Frameworks: React, Springboot, Node.js, such as Full / MEAN / MERN stack
- Data Store: NoSQL or Relational Data structures; MongoDB BPM tools
- Data Streaming: SQS, Kinesis
- Application Programming Interfaces (API): Consumption & Development; implementing service oriented architecture (SOA) patterns; Web service technologies such as APIs, REST, JSON, SOAP, XML, JDBC, MySQL
- Unit, interface and end user testing concepts and tooling (functional & non-functional)
- Automated testing
- Accessibility awareness
- Software security skills including secure coding, web application security and DevSecOps; Solid grasp of security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature, JWT), SSL, web service proxies, firewall, SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0)
- Dev Ops Tools & Practices: Branching techniques and usage of GitHub, Bitbucket or Subversion; DevOps, Jenkins
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC): Monitoring and logging techniques
- AWS Core Services: AWS Services such as CloudWatch, Code-Deploy
- Preferred qualifications:
- AWS Development
- Architecture Patterns
- Design Thinking
- Financial/Insurance industry knowledge is a plus, not a must
You’ll Love Working Here Because You Can
Join a team and culture where your voice matters; where every day, your work transforms our experiences to make lives better. As you put your skills to use, we’ll help you make an even bigger impact with learning experiences that can grow your technical AND leadership capabilities. You’ll be surprised by what this rock-solid organization has in store for you.
What we offer you:
- Market competitive base salaries, with a yearly bonus potential at every level
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), and leave of absences, such as parental and military leave
- Retirement plans:
- 401(k) plan with company match (up to 4%)
- Company-funded pension plan
- Wellness Programs to help you achieve your wellbeing goals, including up to $1,600 a year for reimbursement of items purchased to support personal wellbeing needs
- Work/Life Resources to help support topics such as parenting, housing, senior care, finances, pets, legal matters, education, emotional and mental health, and career development.
- Tuition Assistance to help finance traditional college enrollment toward obtaining an approved degree, many accredited certificate programs, and industry designations.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Shares can be purchased at 85% of the lower of two prices (Beginning or End of the purchase period), after one year of service.
To find out more about our Total Reward package, visit [Register to View] Some of the above benefits may not apply to part-time employees scheduled to work less than 20 hours per week.Note: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $100,600.00 to $149,800.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.