Field Applications Engineer - Analog
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
We're searching for a dynamic Analog Field Applications engineer to work with a diverse set of Industrial Assigned Accounts with a focus in lighting, power delivery, and building automation applications. In this role you'll collaborate 1:1 with a TI sales representative to grow TI's analog revenue at these accounts. The ability to collaborate effectively with customers to solve their complete analog requirements is required. Strong communication skills and the ability to proactively drive customer activity is a must.
The Field Application Engineer (FAE) position is an outstanding opportunity that allows technically minded engineers to broaden their system engineering skills and application knowledge, while gaining Sales and Marketing experience. This position offers a vibrant and dynamic team-oriented work environment with exposure to a variety of state-of-the art applications each day. The individual filling this role is expected to have the perfect blend of engineering knowledge coupled with the ability to successfully influence people for their business objectives.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with sales to grow TI's analog revenue with a targeted customer
• Understand and help solve customer system challenges and designs
• Effectively translate customer system requirements into TI solutions
• Translate customer challenges into IC specifications to drive next generation TI components
• Formulate and drive customer strategy to understand total opportunity and growth potential
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineer/Computer Engineer, or comparable
• Minimum 3+ years of experience in Analog disciplines applicable to our customer’s end equipment spaces such as sensors, signal conditioning, data acquisition, power design, clocking and timing, or data communications
• Experience with design, analysis, and debug of related circuits or sub-systems
• Ability to run simulations, and create/ review schematics and board layout
• Ability to help customers debug board level issues
• Ability to collaborate effectively with customers to solve their complete analog system requirements utilizing TI components
• Strong communication skills and the ability to proactively drive customer activity
• Ability to work with multiple sales resources and field and factory-based technical resources to develop a winning solution for the customer
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skills, with ability to effectively relate materials to customers
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Ability to work effectively in an interrupt-driven, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to efficiently context-switch between multiple concurrent tasks
• Ability to advocate for customer needs (with an understanding of “why”) back into the TI product groups
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.