Access & Reimbursement Manager (ARM) – NPS CV – Baltimore - Remote
CVD is the #1 cause of death worldwide. In fact, CVD is responsible for more deaths than all cancers combined. And after a decade of decline, the number of deaths is on the rise again. Evidence suggests the pandemic led to the worsening of CV outcomes. This burden is likely to escalate and overwhelm society if we do not make significant changes to curtail the rising incidence. ASCVD accounts for 85% of CVD deaths and addressing key risk factors – such as elevated LDL-C and Lp(a) – can reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Access & Reimbursement Manager, CV is a remote/field-based role that covers the following states but not limited to Baltimore, Pikesville, Glen Burnie, Ellicott City, Frederick, Hagerstown, Cumberland. Candidate must reside within territory, or within a reasonable daily commuting distance of 60 miles from territory border.
The Access & Reimbursement Manager (ARM) is a field-based role that proactively provides in person (or virtual as needed) education to defined accounts within their assigned geographies on a wide range of access and reimbursement topics and needs (see below) in support of aligned product(s) strategy.
ARM will serve as the key contact and lead for access and reimbursement support-related matters and is responsible for being the local market access expert on payer policy coverage, multi-channel acquisition pathways, billing and coding, claims processing, reimbursement, and integration of manufacturer support programs into a range of account workflows. Additionally, the ARM will continually need to demonstrate a keen ability to problem solve, analyze access and reimbursement issues and opportunities, and proactively communicate changes in the healthcare landscape.
ARM will partner closely with other Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (NPC) field associates, including Customer Engagement (Sales) and Market Access, representing NPC with the highest integrity in accordance with NPC Values and Behaviors. ARM will also be required to coordinate and communicate cross-functionally within NPC (e.g., Patient Support Center, Customer Engagement, Marketing, Market Access, Public Affairs, State & Government Affairs, Trade, Specialty Pharmacy Account Management, and other applicable third-party affiliates).
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Interact within assigned accounts to support patient access within their therapeutic area product(s) providing proactive face-to-face education on product-specific programs to providers and staff in order to support integration of those programs into office processes and workflows.
• Work with key members of therapeutic area offices (e.g., providers, administrators, billing and coding staff, claims departments, revenue cycle managers) in order to appropriately support patient access to products.
• Ability to analyze problems and offer solutions. Understand specifics and support questions associated with payer policies (e.g., utilization management, denial, and appeals), drug acquisition and inventory management, and patient / practice reimbursement (e.g., Co-pay, administration, drug claims). Analyze account reimbursement issues & opportunities (as needed). Identifies trends at a local, regional and national level and partner with purpose internally and externally to support patient pull-through.
• Maintain expertise in regional and local access landscape, anticipating changes in the healthcare landscape, and act as their aligned therapeutic area product(s) reimbursement expert (as needed).
• Collaborate with aligned cross-functional associates within NPC (see above) to share insights on customer needs and barriers for their aligned therapeutic area product(s) related to access and reimbursement.
• Maintain a deep understanding of NPC policies and requirements and perform all responsibilities with integrity and in a manner consistent with company guidance and prescribed Values and Behaviors. Handle Patient Identifiable Information (PII) appropriately (understand and ensure compliance with HIPPA and other privacy laws and regulations and internal Company compliance guidelines).
Buy and Bill Specific
• Assess access situation within the assigned geography and develop appropriate Plan of Action (POA). Communicate POA to appropriate personnel.
• Responsible for establishing preferred acquisition pathways. Educate on and support buy-and-bill end-to-end processes, workflows, and facility pull-through in complex accounts, including scenarios of centralized and decentralized acquisition, and use of alternative channels such as white bagging, clear bagging, brown bagging, and alternate sites of care for administration.
• Educates relevant stakeholders on logistics related to ordering, payment, inventory, and product returns & replacement.
• Analyze reimbursement issues & opportunities, anticipating changes in the healthcare landscape, and act as the designated reimbursement expert for offices and field teams.
• Accountable for engagement with non-prescribers, for example pharmacy, system leadership, financial counselors, office administrators, revenue cycle managers, etc.
Customer-facing roles only:
While Novartis does not require vaccination for Covid-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for Covid-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected].
Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary: The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $136,800 and $205,200 per year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.