Cardiovascular Territory Account Specialist – Kansas City W – Remote
The Territory Account Specialist (TAS) is a self-motivated, business leader that creates a tailored customer experience based on account and Health Care Provider (HCP) needs. As the primary Point of Contact (PoC) in our customer-centric model, the Territory Account Specialist will engage with customers to identify shared priorities and meet the customer’s needs through problem-solving and making connections to Novartis resources with the goal of improving patient outcomes. This will be accomplished through a balance of demand generation and facilitation of the account engagement.
The Territory Account Specialist is responsible for providing solutions to their customers by acting as the key orchestrator of Novartis resources and solutions for a variety of customers, including Health Care Providers, Reimbursement Personnel, Practice Administrators, Key Account, and Integrated Delivery Network partners and is accountable for working collaboratively to help ensure customer inquiries are solved by the appropriate Novartis Subject Matter Expert (SME). The Territory Account Specialist is well-versed in the following areas: Clinical Selling, Account Selling, Access Navigation, Problem Solving, Team Orchestration / Collaboration, and Omni-Channel Engagement.
This is a remote opportunity.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Facilitate clinical dialogue that compels the customer to act on behalf of their patients and engage the entire account to understand any obstacles that exist to provide appropriate solutions to ensure customer needs are met.
• Identify shared priorities and leverage knowledge and tactics within the full account to develop a strategic territory business plan that drives product demand by meeting the needs of key partners and ultimately their patients to drive superior results.
• Orchestrate in a collaborative manner with territory colleagues, other field-based and home-office personnel teams to proactively address customer needs and provide appropriate access support.
• Apply expertise and knowledge of the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry, and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and optimally manage business opportunities/challenges.
• Analyze territory market data and trends to gain insights into the local business environment, drive pull-through and lead virtual and / or live engagements with customers.
• Lead any required planning meetings with key partners to solve more sophisticated customer problems and work collaboratively across functions to ensure customer needs are met with urgency.
• Provide appropriate access support in the moment and collaborate effectively with Patient Specialty Services (PSS) associates to meet customer needs.
• Understand how to leverage systems and omni-channel/multi-channel options to apply the full suite of Novartis capabilities to personalize and engage with customers in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy (customer-facing roles only): While Novartis does not require vaccination for COVID-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for COVID-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected].
Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary: The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between: Territory Account Associate: $97,600 and $146,400/year | Territory Account Specialist: $97,600 and $146,400/year | Senior Territory Account Specialist: $118,400 and $177,600/year | Executive Territory Account Specialist: $130,400 and $195,600/year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1[Register to View] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams’ representative of the patients and communities we serve.