Manufacturing Operations Specialist
The Manufacturing Execution Systems Specialist will provide functional and technical support to the Manufacturing Operation team and functional support teams through implementation and maintenance of the Manufacturing Execution System at Vertex’s Cell Manufacturing Facilities in Cambridge and Boston.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their current and future state strategy, needs and requirements.
- Assist in business process and system design.
- Facilitate workshops and discussions to provide answers to key design decisions.
- Identify opportunities for business process improvements using system solutions.
- Help create and execute testing and validation plans.
- Author documents and training materials.
- Partner with cross functional team members and Data, Technology and Engineering (DTE) peers for platform and database support, as well as technical development for enhancements and projects.
- Work closely with DTE Compliance, Internal Audit and Quality Assurance groups as needed to ensure compliance with GMP regulations and data integrity as well as our DTE system lifecycle and change management requirements
- Implementing, supporting and optimizing MES or ERP systems
- Working in a manufacturing environment, supporting cross functional teams
- Working in Medical, Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or GMP environments preferred
- Documenting process flows, business requirements, and functional requirements
- Authoring system deliverables and project requirements
- Execution of validation testing and resolving of defects
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Experience with POMsnet Aquila MES preferred but not required
- Object based programming desired but not required
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Science, Statistics, Math, IT (Software Dev, Engineer), Data Scientist or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Role requires an on-site presence at Vertex’s Cell Manufacturing Facilities in Boston and Cambridge to support the MES System
- Position will be flexible and remote working up to two days a week is included
This job posting is for a temporary role with a third-party agency partner that provides services to Vertex. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of that third-party agency; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by the third-party agency upon offer.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at [Register to View]