Data Engineer, Product Analytics
Data Engineer, Product Analytics Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and own the data architecture for multiple large-scale projects, while evaluating design and operational cost-benefit tradeoffs within systems.
- Create and contribute to frameworks that improve the efficacy of logging data, while working with data infrastructure to triage issues and resolve.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and data scientists to understand data needs, representing key data insights visually in a meaningful way.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Determine and implement the security model based on privacy requirements, confirm safeguards are followed, address data quality issues, and evolve governance processes within allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build, and launch collections of sophisticated data models and visualizations that support multiple use cases across different products or domains.
- Solve our most challenging data integration problems, utilizing optimal ETL patterns, frameworks, query techniques, sourcing from structured and unstructured data sources.
- Assist in owning existing processes running in production, optimizing complex code through advanced algorithmic concepts.
- Optimize pipelines, dashboards, frameworks, and systems to facilitate easier development of data artifacts.
- Influence product and cross-functional teams to identify data opportunities to drive impact.
- Mentor team members by giving/receiving actionable feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 5+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 5+ years experience with object-oriented programming languages.
- 7+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- 7+ years experience in writing SQL statements.
- Experience analyzing data to identify gaps and inconsistencies.
- Experience managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- Master's or Ph.D degree in a STEM field
- Experience with one or more of the following: data processing automation, data quality, data warehousing, data governance, business intelligence, data visualization, data privacy
- Experience working with terabyte to petabyte scale data
- Experience influencing product decisions with data.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]