Art Director Responsibilities:
- Maintain a unified artistic direction, vision, and high production standard in the creation of avatar based experiences across screens and VR
- Push the boundaries of how characters and humans are represented in digital form
- Lead in the collaborative development of conceptual artwork, models, style guides, sketches, storyboards and project pitches which define and convey your artistic vision
- Communicate art direction goals at an executive level with both internal and external partners
- Manage expectations for key stakeholders across RL regarding the execution of quality AR/VR character based experiences and content
- Partner with the management team to create project pitches and actionable production plans.
- Regularly meet with art leads to define art quality standards
- Provide Inspiration to art staff and facilitate training opportunities to develop all art disciplines
- Responsible for the creation of style guides, documentation and related materials for internal and external teams.
- Actively participate in hiring, training, development & resourcing.
- Responsible for quality of published materials depicting our flagship character products
- Shipping 2-5 AAA products with character focus, as an Art Director
- Experience rendering (and related lighting, surfacing) skills via DCC
- Hands on experience with 3D workflows as a generalist, character artist, or Art Director
- 3D portfolio demonstrating an understanding of anatomy and the human form
- Examples of stylized character work
- Experience leading a team and collaborating with senior and executive level leadership teams.
- Demonstrated decision making & communication skills.
- Experience working under performance constraints and driving successful visual compromises.
- Experience and knowledge of technical and traditional art processes and production pipelines.
- AR/VR experience
- Knowledge of emerging technologies
- Experience creating character creation pipelines and flows
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]