Software Engineer, Front End
Software Engineer, Front End Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Designers to implement the next generation of Facebook's products
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations
- Measure and improve reliability of Facebook's architecture improve its reliability
- Build tools for engineering team to use to monitor and maintain reliability
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
- Position also requires completion of a university-level course / research project / internship / thesis, or 2+ years of experience in each of the following:
- Employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Software, Computer Engineering, Applied Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, or related field.
- Experience in web technologies: HTML and CSS
- Experience in writing reusable and high-performance user interface components
- Experience in architectural design for complex front-end systems
- Experience in performance debugging and benchmarking
- Experience building web applications
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]