SiteOps Global Infrastructure Engineer
SiteOps Global Infrastructure Engineer Responsibilities:
- Represent Site Operations in leading work to define and architect new solutions on global initiatives, working with stakeholders across Infra Data Centers & Infrastructure teams.
- Assemble and lead cognitively diverse teams to address complex engineering challenges, requiring deep technical expertise as well as a broad understanding of Meta’s overall infrastructure.
- Address issues that can be ambiguous and global in nature, requiring leadership and collaboration across time zones, teams, and technical domains. travel required.
- Act as key Subject Matter Expert and mentor in the design, operation, and troubleshooting of tools, technologies, and processes utilized within Site Operations.
- Understand and assess risks and challenges associated with emerging new hardware, data center and software technologies, and define & implement effective mitigations for these.
- Employ a holistic understanding of the full infrastructure stack to drive solutions that appropriately balance physical and logical layer capabilities and constraints.
- Act as a global communication and advisory point of contact for the design, implementation and delivery of projects that affect our global data center and server fleet and facilitate resolution of issues drawing on local expertise and global support partners.
- Leverage data-driven methodologies to understand a problem at the onset, define a plan, and measure progress throughout a project.
- Provide data supplied narratives and ensure a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Build and support strong, trusted, cross-functional connections with teams across the globe and serve as an advocate for the Site Operations Team with key stakeholders, influencing policies and procedures to improve global data center operations.
- Approximately 20% - 30% travel
- Knowledge of the full stack of infrastructure, with experience building or operating logical infrastructure on top of a complex, distributed physical infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven communication skills and experience working in a highly distributed environment, across teams/department boundaries.
- 10+ years of technical experience, in a large-scale data center or IT Infrastructure environment, or equivalent experience building platforms and systems for large scale compute
- Experience building globally scalable solutions and translating global strategic initiatives into local executable projects.
- Knowledge of the interdependencies of data center functions and technologies including electrical, cooling, structured cabling, security, network, server and storage systems.
- Experience building, operating, and scaling with Linux or Unix Operating systems.
- Experience communicating the results of analysis and insights to cross functional teams and influencing the strategy of these teams.
- Extensive knowledge of storage and AI/ML related services and the hardware that supports them.
- Coding or scripting experience such as Bash, PHP, Python, SQL, or Perl.
- Experience in providing technical guidance to external vendors and partners. Knowledge and experience with virtualization, containerization, distributed systems, fault tolerance, and incident management.
- Data Center Design and Expansion.
- Experience with high level data center design, operations, basic electrical/mechanical infrastructure, and scaling physical infrastructure.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]