SiteOps Data Center Production Operations Engineer
SiteOps Data Center Production Operations Engineer Responsibilities:
- Perform deep dives and analysis of complex technical issues within the data center, ranging from automated tooling to hardware failures and network issues.
- Work as a subject matter expert with cross functional teams on large scale data center projects and initiatives.
- Provide cross data center support and identify potentially larger issues, displaying effective communication when something is identified.
- Work with internal hardware teams and vendors to help drive complex technical issues to resolution, provide an ownership stake in ensuring high quality levels of hardware, and influence future design to ensure ease of serviceability.
- Ability to solve issues at scale using scripting, automation and tooling
- Use data analytics to drive maximum server fleet up-time and utilization rates by understanding hardware failure rates and SLAs to customers. Identify trends and systemic issues in the fleet and drive resolution.
- Coach/Mentor team members to evaluate and identify better ways to resolve issues and define updates to tools and processes.
- Provide mentorship and be the go-to technical resource for management.
- Build cross functional relationships and have the ability to influence policies and procedures to improve global data center operations.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Experience managing multiple technical issues concurrently
- Experience to triage, debug, troubleshoot complex systemic issues in a Linux server environment.
- 5+ years of technical IT experience within an infrastructure environment, in a role such as system administrator, dev/ops engineer, or SRE (Site Reliability Engineer)
- Experience using Linux to support hardware systems in a complex IT environment.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of hardware systems and components.
- Time and project management experience
- Knowledge of enterprise level networking and storage platforms.
- BS, BA or BEng in technical field or commensurate experience.
- Knowledge of the interdependencies of data center functions and technologies including electrical, cooling, structured cabling, security, network and server systems.
- Experience in providing technical guidance to external vendors.
- Experience in debugging, modifying and developing in commonly used scripting or programming languages including Bash, PHP, Python, SQL, or Perl.
- Knowledge of out-of-band/lights-out server communication methods, such as IPMI and serial console.
- Experience in a large-scale data center environment.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]