SiteOps Global Systems Engineer
SiteOps Global Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Deliver maximum server fleet up-time and utilization rates, by leveraging data to understand hardware failure conditions and root cause. Identify trends and systemic issues in the fleet and drive resolution.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and subject matter experts to interpret business and operational needs, articulate success criteria in partnership with engineering and field based operations teams.
- Build cross functional relationships and have the ability to influence policies and procedures to improve global data center operations.
- Mentor team members to evaluate and identify better ways to resolve issues and define updates to tools and processes.
- Write and review code, develop documentation, and debug the hardest problems, live, on some of the largest and most complex systems in the world.
- Participate in defining diagnostic tooling requirements with multiple cross-functional support teams.
- Execute validation and verification activities for the new product integration, including system level testing.
- Through consistent collaboration with cross-functional tooling teams, help determine root cause and provide input into their development process, with an operations centric view of how open issues are affecting the fleet.
- Ability to travel up to 25% required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience learning software, frameworks and APIs.
- 7+ years of experience in systems infrastructure operations or related field.
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, storage systems and messaging systems
- Experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g., Python, PHP, C++, or Java).
- Engineering degree or commensurate experience.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]