Research Engineer, Language - Generative AI
Research Engineer, Language - Generative AI Responsibilities:
- Apply relevant AI and machine learning techniques to build intelligent rich language systems that improve Meta's products and experiences
- Assist in goal setting related to project impact, AI system design, and ML excellence
- Drive large efforts across multiple teams
- Mentor other AI Engineers & improve the quality of AI work in the broader team
- Develop custom/novel architectures, define use cases, and develop methodology & benchmarks to evaluate different approaches
- Apply in-depth knowledge of how the machine learning system interacts with the other systems around it
- Collaborate with FAIR scientists on novel research in generative modeling, complex systems, and/or reinforcement learning.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Specialized experience in one or more of the following machine learning/deep learning domains: Language: NLP, ASR, TTS, Conversational AI
- Experience developing language algorithms or language infrastructure in C/C++ or Python
- PhD in the field of Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in deep learning and PyTorch
- Experience with distributed systems or on-device algorithm development
- Experience contributing to AI Publications
- Experience working and communicating cross functionally in a team environment.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]