Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- Write code and conduct code reviews in: Python, PHP, Java, Ruby, Go, Rust, C/C++ (or similar language).
- Influence and align the organization’s vision and strategy, while engaging our teams to develop and deliver specific, multi-year roadmaps, programs, and projects. Ensure prioritization, resourcing, and timely delivery of this work within a changing business environment.
- Conceive, design & develop industry-leading security products, systems and/or frameworks. Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of the existing security systems and frameworks.
- Identify and prioritize areas of improvement to the security maturity across Meta. Improve the security maturity at scale by directly designing, implementing, and building solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure security maturity work is being prioritized and addressed.
- Eliminate classes of security problems by shifting the detection and preventions left into the development workflow. Provide architectural, design, and threat-based guidance to software development teams to improve the security maturity before code is written.
- Establish self as an owner of a particular security system with expert end-to-end understanding.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years work experience building and securing enterprise-scale infrastructure software and services
- 8+ years work experience writing code in Python, PHP, Java, Ruby, Go, Rust, C/C++ (or similar language)
- Experience fixing infrastructure security problems across broad corporate boundaries using influence and relationships
- Experience in designing, analyzing, improving efficiency, scalability, and stability distributed systems and conducting threat model assessment of infrastructure software and services
- Experience owning a particular component, feature or system
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Experience making contributions to the security or privacy community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc.)
- Broad knowledge of the security domain, which might include security investigations, incident management, digital forensics, offensive security, vulnerability management, product security, and much more
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]