Lead Electrical Engineer, Cameras & Depth Sensors
Lead Electrical Engineer, Cameras & Depth Sensors Responsibilities:
- Be the technical lead for camera and depth modules board design, including for high-speed signaling and high-data-rate signal routing.
- Lead the implementation, failure analysis and debugging of mixed-signal ASICs, board-level circuitry, high-speed/RF/signal integrity and systems used in our solutions.
- Develop novel solutions to complex electronics problems and provide technical leadership for our EE team.
- Collaborate with the System Electrical Engineering teams on seamless integration of camera and depth modules into Reality Labs’ devices.
- Develop design methodologies and best practices for the Camera & Depth EE team.
- Implement our PDP methodology in all designs, present and attend design reviews.
- Oversee third-party custom ASIC design for fast-switching laser drivers.
- Assess vendors and manage outsourced development of custom ASICs and PCBs.
- 7+ years experience with system-level design including circuit design, high-speed/RF/signal integrity, PCB layout, system bring-up, integration, and debug.
- 7+ years end-to-end consumer product life cycle experience.
- Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant equivalent experience.
- Experience with analog/digital circuit design and various communications protocols such as I2C, I3C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, etc.
- Experience with low-power analog circuit design, DC/DC converters, power management methods, A/D and D/A conversion and image sensors.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB design using Cadence OrCAD/Allegro or equivalent.
- Experience with camera or depth sensor electrical design and electrical characterization.
- PhD in EE or related disciplines.
- Experience with laser driver or camera and depth sensor chip architectures.
- Experience developing modules or systems in high volume consumer electronic products.
- Experience partnering with software or firmware teams to define and verify HW design maturity across test cases.
- Experience validating/verifying EE function blocks including Custom ASICs.
- Experience working with JDM, ODM, CM partners.
- Experience leading an EE team.
- Experience with DFM/DFT.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]