Privacy Engineer, Implementation Review
Privacy Engineer, Implementation Review Responsibilities:
- Review technical implementation details and design documentation for new systems and features to ensure compliance with policy and legal requirements, while giving guidance on improving privacy features in those systems.
- Play a key role in driving code and architecture reviews as well as large cross-company privacy reviews of products and features.
- Conduct technical reviews for new features and identify privacy concerns. Work closely with technical and non-technical teams, including Engineering, Product and Legal.
- Provide product teams with the guidance and best practices to help protect users privacy and mitigate any risk. Work closely with Security and Privacy leaders to help define goals that are properly aligned to company-wide goals.
- Define and articulate a clear vision for privacy, and influence leaders across all of Facebook to adopt a balanced view of product and privacy goals in overall decision-making.
- Scale the team’s capabilities via identification and implementation of foundational tooling and process improvements.
- Identify process and personnel bottlenecks from quantified metrics, uncovering potential optimizations.
- 12+ years industry experience in a role developing software in Python, PHP, Java, C/C++ (or equivalent language), including code maintenance and review
- 5+ years experience focusing on security/privacy related design, security/privacy incident management, or security/privacy research
- 5+ years experience within a corporate environment with experience communicating technical issues and their implications to leadership and other areas of the business
- 2+ years experience mentoring and leading junior engineering teammates and providing growth opportunities to them
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience contributing to the security/privacy community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc.)
- Experience assessing architectural designs and implementation details seeking security and privacy shortcomings
- Experience translating regulatory requirements (GDPR, CCPA, ePD) into actionable technical specifications
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]