Hardware Thermal Engineer
Hardware Thermal Engineer Responsibilities:
- Engage with the Hardware Design team to ensure proper component design and with the Data Center Operations team to ensure smooth product deployment.
- Develop and execute test plans to measure thermal performance/efficiency of hardware and thermal technologies. Quantitatively simulate and analyze hardware cooling schemes.
- Design and investigate innovative thermal cooling solutions for advanced packaging and hardware systems for large scale deployment.
- Create analytical and numerical models using various Computational Fluid Dynamics tools or relevant simulation tools to describe system thermodynamics and heat transfer.
- Engage with external vendors including ODM and component vendors on design, test and production.
- Develop and publish case studies/technical papers describing thermal analysis of cooling systems and technologies.
- Establish the parameters for thermal design/testing, and correlation of the design/test results in order to model predictions.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and/or with 2+ years relevant experience in thermal design related to server/hardware or advanced packaging.
- Familiarity with computational thermal simulation software, such as Flotherm/Future Facilities/Icepak used for optimizing hardware cooling design.
- Record of using lab equipment such as data acquisition systems, air flow chambers, and environmental chambers for thermal validation and troubleshooting.
- Experience in designing and optimizing thermal cooling solutions, such as custom-made heat sink designs, and/or fan speed control algorithms.
- Experience to create mechanical system schematics by using 3D CAD tool.
- M.S./Ph.D. in relevant thermal discipline.
- 2+ years relevant experience in thermal design related to adv. packaging cooling solutions.
- Familiarity with Silicon package level thermal simulation, and hands-on experience with packaging level thermal characterization and validation.
- Familiarity with custom thermal solutions including heat sinks, cold plates, and TIM materials for use in hardware systems.
- Familiarity with data center cooling system designs.
- Experience in Unix / Linux environment and/or familiarity with scripting and coding in python.
- Experience in manufacturing processes such as Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Experience to create mathematical, computational and numerical models of industrial cooling systems, using MATLAB or comparable tools.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]