Associate General Counsel, Product & Privacy
Associate General Counsel, Product & Privacy Responsibilities:
- Support Meta’s global privacy program, including by developing and improving privacy frameworks and processes to ensure we meet our obligations under global privacy laws.
- Support product counsel in evaluating the impact of privacy laws, regulatory guidance, enforcement actions, and other obligations on new and existing products and features.
- Develop and maintain subject-matter expertise in areas of data use and protection.
- Support members of the Legal, Partnerships, Policy, and Privacy teams on privacy and security-related legal matters, including in areas related to product development, partnerships, integrations, and other business development opportunities.
- Develop regulatory strategy with global privacy regulators in connection with new product features and initiatives.
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and active membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing attorney at a law firm and/or in-house
- Experience with global privacy laws, regulations, privacy programs and industry guidelines
- Experience with one of the following or related legal areas: litigation, regulatory, or product counseling
- 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney at a law firm and/or in-house
- Technical or engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in privacy and data issues arising in one or more privacy areas such as data sharing, security, advertising, products, or privacy program implementation/management
- Experience using business judgment and with client counseling
- Experience taking on projects involving different subject matters, and working with cross-functional organizations to drive alignment
- Experience supporting a global team at an Internet services and technology company
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, delivering practical advice under pressure and operating within ambiguity
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]