Research Scientist Intern, Advanced Displays (PhD)
Research Scientist Intern, Advanced Displays (PhD) Responsibilities:
- Publish research results and contribute to research that can be applied to Meta product development.
- Develop next generation AR/VR display subsystems with an emphasis on advanced simulations and prototyping to prove new concepts and understand the perceptual impact of those concepts.
- Collaborate with larger Meta Reality Labs Research team to explore novel solution space for AR/VR devices.
- Explore the application of at least one of the following: wave optics, polarization optics, geometrical optics.
- Explore the application of at least one of the following: illumination, stray light/ghost analysis of optical system, geometrical optics design and perceptual understanding.
- This position will have an emphasis of advanced simulations and prototyping to prove new concepts and the perceptual impact of those concepts.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a Ph.D. degree in Optical Science, Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computational Imaging, or relevant technical field.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- 2+ years experience in at least one of the following areas of research: display technology, geometrical optics, physical optics and polarization optics.
- 2+ years experience with optical design programs such as Zemax OpticStudio, Code V, LightTools, FRED, or similar.
- 2+ years experience with experimental optics and conducting laboratory work (i.e. demonstrated ability to construct proof-of-concept systems and to evaluate performance).
- Intent to return to degree program after the completion of the internship/co-op.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as first-authored publications at leading workshops or conferences such as SID, SPIE, OSA etc.
- Experience working and communicating cross functionally in a team environment.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]