Software Engineer, Audio
Software Engineer, Audio Responsibilities:
- R&D in the areas of audio codecs, general audio process/framework, and network related loss/jitter compensation to deliver best-in-class quality across the family of apps.
- Identify areas of scalability, performance, quality and reliability improvement across the stack.
- Collaborate closely with both product and research teams to deploy new audio technologies as-a-service and as-a-platform.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of experience with development of software systems including audio software for video conferencing or other real-time communication applications.
- C or C++ experience, including use of C++11/14/17 features.
- Expertise in audio signal processing and auditory perception, both classical and machine learned techniques.
- Experience with audio stack including codecs, audio capture/render, and network compensation/jitter buffer.
- Proven track record of innovation as demonstrated by products shipped, publications and/or patents.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]