AI Research Scientist - CoreML (Technical Leadership)
AI Research Scientist - CoreML (Technical Leadership) Responsibilities:
- Help advance the science and technology of intelligent machines
- Contribute to research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio and other modalities)
- Work on research projects, strategies, and problems of moderate to high complexity and scope. Can identify and define both short & medium term objectives
- Influence progress of relevant research communities by producing publications
- Establish strong connection with cross-functional partners and contribute research with the goal of applying to Meta's product development
- Lead and collaborate on research projects within a team
- Design policies, processes, procedures, methods, tests, and/or components, from the ground up for end-to-end systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience holding a faculty, industry, or government researcher position
- Ph.D. and publications in machine learning, AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields
- Proven track record of recent and consistent publication/citation history
- Experience leading a team in solving modeling problems using AI/ML approaches
- Experience in applying research to production problems
- Experience communicating research for public audiences of peers
- Experience in developing and debugging in Python, C/C++, or C#
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- 4+ years of work experience post PhD in a university, industry, or government lab(s), in a role with primary emphasis on AI research.
- 4+ years of experience as technical lead for a project of 4 or more individuals.
- First-author publications at peer-reviewed AI conferences (e.g., NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, AAAI).
- Experience with interdisciplinary and/or cross-cultural collaboration.
- Experience bringing machine learning-based products from research to production.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]