Logistics Operations Specialist
Logistics Operations Specialist Responsibilities:
- Oversee logistics operations at assigned data center site to ensure operations are performed within the IBOS 4S standards (Safety, Security, SOX compliance, Stakeholders).
- Proactively and continuously monitor site logistics operations to identify gaps and create remediation plans as needed.
- Plan and coordinate with third party logistics provider lead at the assigned data center to ensure site logistics requirements are met or exceeded. Work closely with third party lead to develop logistics support plans to include inventory accuracy, inventory movement and distribution, server rack movements, shipping and receiving, and any other processes as needed.
- Identify gaps in operations and present solutions to standardize operations across Meta data center sites.
- Develop, refine, and maintain documentation that captures and distributes the processes and policies for executing safe, effective, and efficient logistics operations within Meta data centers.
- Build and support cross-functional relationships with internal partners drive effective communication channels supporting operations management.
- Help produce monthly audits of compliance to ensure meeting all inventory controls.
- Support month/quarter and year end requirement to ensure appropriate financial reporting.
- Enable and support IBOS leaders to understand business requirements, implement new processes and contribute to ongoing process improvements.
- Drive inventory reconciliation process to identify risk, manage obsolescence, and correct errors impacting inventory movement.
- Identify and implement process improvement and efficiency efforts at assigned data center and warehouse locations.
- Raise the visibility of IBOS field issues that require better systemic controls to central logistics for the development of improved processes.
- Work with field leads, vendors and contract labor to develop and execute action plans in the implementation of these new processes.
- Partner with other Site Logistics Operations Specialists to share best practices, knowledge share, and drive efficiencies.
- Monitor metrics highlighting performance and trends within the data center field and warehouse operations.
- Support the execution of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, analyze discrepancies and assist teams to develop root cause corrective actions and trend improvements.
- Help define and manage ongoing KPIs to measure process compliance and logistics operations performance.
- Partner in developing shared solutions when inconsistencies are identified.
- 10% travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, operations management, business management and/or any other business-related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years logistics experience overseeing operations, team performance, and SLA adherence.
- Experience working independently, prioritizing, and managing one's time.
- Experience with ERP, TMS, CMS, WMS systems – Oracle, Excel or any other analytics tools.
- Communication, problem solving, and interpersonal experience.
- Experience in a data center environment.
- Experience in business analysis/program management.
- Experience handling project management responsibilities (prioritization, planning, scheduling, status reporting).
- Experience in cross-functional projects across multiple teams.
- Knowledge in Supply Chain process from Procure-to-Pay.
- Knowledge with Supply Chain and Inventory management models.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]