Cyber Security R&D Engineer
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services."
Job SummaryResponsible for planning, coordinating and implementing security measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure of information. Evaluates emerging and available technologies to enable systems and users to securely share information with customers. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Designs an in-depth architecture focusing on core security services at the host and network layers. Includes baseline secure configurations in addition to applicable authentication, authorization, logging, audit, encryption and monitoring components.
- Oversees operation of security tools, processes and policies to defend, detect and respond to threats.
- Analyzes, develops and implements enterprise technology and systems architecture framework and standards that are used as a basis for consolidating and standardizing IT throughout the Company.
- Develops a unifying infrastructure architecture framework that will facilitate the implementation of Information Security policy and standards.
- Identifies information security architecture gaps. Recommends architecture changes, enhancements, or other mitigating controls using a risk-based approach.
- Plans security assessments on systems, platforms and architecture. Keeps current on best practices/industry standards.
- Integrates security processes and architectures to address information security issues and concerns. Participates in security architecture review and exceptions process.
- Documents and keeps current all information security issues, control gates and the security review processes in place.
- Performs risk analysis of tested and evaluated networks and systems.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.