Network Activation Engineer
Job SummaryResponsible for participating as an individual contributor in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and services and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Interfaces with vendors, engineering and peer operations organizations. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies and procedures. Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and project teams. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Activating new Masergy services and Masergy cloud services (VPRN, VPLS, IES, etc.) for our customers including router, firewall and circuit activations for new and existing customers.
Configures routers, firewalls, and NIDs using standard and non-standard templates.
Collaborates regularly with Project Management and Design Engineers. Provides support for internal and external customers.
Conducts RFC tests on new circuits; test, turn up, and troubleshooting high-capacity Ethernet circuits.
Performs routine circuit testing and acceptance in accordance with written standards.
Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues.
Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies and processes. Ensures projects are fully integrated into the operations environment including lifecycle problem management from front line CARE through Engineering.
Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas and provides actionable insight to management.
Provides input to Engineering and vendors on defects and required enhancements. Attains all relevant industry standard technical certifications.
Performs complex and routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering. Identifies, isolates and escalates issues to appropriate personnel. Ensures that all maintenance is properly validated to minimize subscriber impact to (ideally) zero.
Contributes to design considerations for new products or architectural changes to existing products. Assists with or leads efforts to build new application infrastructure, coordinating efforts across teams.
Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow and data state within a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
Serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning different engineering disciplines within the organization.
Leads the integration of projects into operations including instrumentation, automation, standardization and methods/procedures.
Does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities. May direct workflow and act as a technical lead.
Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.