Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. We offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia). Some roles can work virtual full-time if they are not near a Tech Hub, but that is dependent upon the needs of the position and amount of collaboration required.
Job SummaryThe Technology, Product, Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology and our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products and next-generation technologies that transform the customer experience. The Comcast Network and CONNECTivity (CONNECT) organization is a highly agile, fast-paced, dedicated group at the forefront of change focused on innovating, building, and operating the best in class, most reliable access network for our customers. Responsible for utilizing advanced program management skills and knowledge to follow the organization's strategic plan and lead the large-to-medium and/or moderately complex programs spanning multiple organizations. Delivers outcomes, longer-term improvements and benefits in support of the organization goals. Mentors junior members of the team.
Are you someone with an inquisitive approach? Do you enjoy working with both technical and non-technical partners? We do too! Come join our Critical Infrastructure (CI) Reliability and Engineering Team.
Overview of the Role:
This position has key responsibilities in the Critical Infrastructure Facility Reliability space along with process engineering, governance, and program execution. This includes:
- Incident Management’s root cause analysis support, operations management, communications, and deployment.
- Facilitate end-to-end process engineering of the CI Tools ecosystem (drives defining & documenting CI Tools interfacing and integrations, etc.)
- Lead analysis and reporting across multiple projects.
- CI Reliability program execution and roadmap creation.
- Facilitate CI Standards alignment and strategy.
- Drive strategic initiatives through cultivating our competitive advantage by supporting better processes, tools, and training.
- Oversee planning and prioritization of technical programs ensuring it aligns with strategy, independently identifying root cause analysis, mitigation, impacts, dependencies, and finding solutions.
- Keep abreast of new developments in project management methodologies, agile practices, best practices, and industry standards.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Approximately 7-10 years in an agile/ scrum environment as a Project/ Program Manager (or similar role).
- Process Engineering background, a plus.
- Experience driving discussions with more senior personnel regarding prioritization and requirements.
- The ability to understand technology efforts at a detailed level and translate technology specifics into digestible content will be required to ensure alignment between the teams on schedule commitments and risk management.
- A self-starter who demonstrates critical thinking, self-motivation, courage, and curiosity.
- Ability to partner with functional teams to influence and drive alignment.
- Technical aptitude and a strong desire for learning.
About the Team:
This team is responsible for utilizing advanced program management skills and knowledge to follow the organization's strategic plan and lead the large-to-medium and/or moderately complex programs spanning multiple organizations. Delivers outcomes, longer-term improvements and benefits in support of the organization goals. Mentors junior members of the team.
About Our Perks & Benefits:
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated.
Here's a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Life Milestones - from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Courtesy Services - We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas free digital TV and internet.
- Discount tickets for Universal Resorts, including theme park tickets and onsite hotel rooms.
Learn more at [Register to View]
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.