Software Development Engineer
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. We offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia). Some roles can work virtual full-time if they are not near a Tech Hub, but that is dependent upon the needs of the position and amount of collaboration required.
Job SummaryResponsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
The Technology, Product, Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology and our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products and next-generation technologies that transform the customer experience. The Comcast Network and CONNECTivity (CONNECT) organization is a highly agile, fast-paced, dedicated group at the forefront of change focused on innovating, building, and operating the best in class, most reliable access network for our customers.
About the Team
Comcast’s Smart Network Platform (SNP) Organization aims to revolutionize network engineering at Comcast by providing a network data collection, alarming, and automation platform to drive consistency and standardization; eliminate manual changes; increase network visibility; and ultimately minimize customer impacting incidents.
Role and Responsibilities
As a software engineer in the SNP Organization, you will collaborate with other software engineers, write production and test code, participate in design and code reviews, and follow recommendations and best practices.
In SNP, we value face-to-face collaboration and so you will be working on site at the Comcast Technology Center in Philadelphia one to two days a week when the office is open.
Skills and Experience
Five or more years of experience designing and building complex solutions in the Java ecosystem
Experience with multi-threading and Java 8 concurrency
Experience Java 8 Collections, Streams
Hands-on design, development, delivery, and deployment of highly scalable microservices in cloud environments
Experience designing RESTful APIs
Proficiency with object-oriented design and programming
Experience implementing services using the Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Sprint Cloud
Basic computer networking knowledge (firewalls, routing, CIDR, subnets)
Experience with AWS networking (VPC, subnets, security groups, Cloud Formation, TGW, DXGW)
Experience using and integrating with AWS products
Experience deploying applications with appropriate security, observability and alerting designed-in
Experience with Behavior Driven Development, Test Driven Development, Test First Development and related tools and libraries (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber)
Experience with CI/CD
Experience with infrastructure and deployment automation (Jenkins, Jenkins Pipeline, Terraform, Ansible)
Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
Experience with Azure Virtual Networking (VNet) is a plus
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary
About Our Perks & Benefits
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated.
Here's a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Life Milestones - from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Courtesy Services - We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas free digital TV and internet.
- Discount tickets for Universal Resorts, including theme park tickets and onsite hotel rooms.
Learn more at [Register to View] ([Register to View] )
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.