Engineer 3, Software Development & Engineering
Job SummaryResponsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Do you enjoy being an independent coder and part of a team with varied strengths? Do you actively seek new projects?
Then Digital Self Service is a great landing spot for exciting work now and career evolution everyday!
It's about building tools to empower customers to manage and resolve their accounts. You will be in troupe that builds amazing customer experiences that are used by thousands of customers every day. You'll be aligned with one of our agile product and development teams, working together with not only other specialists but also with Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Solution Designers, QA engineers, DevOps and Production Support teams.
Key Technologies and Skills for Success:
- Understanding of core web technologies HTML/JS/CSS, Typescript
- ReactJS and Sitecore knowledge a plus
- Ability to guide Jr. Developers
- Implement standard methodologies and processes, and assist your team with eliminating technical debt
- Follow our agile Scrum process, working in sprints together with the rest of the team to deliver on time with technical quality
- Work with our tech stack and tooling which includes, but is not limited to: ReactJS, TypeScript, Azure, GitHub, Jenkins/Shuttle, and Concourse CI
- Continuously improve yourself and the products you work on
- As part of the Agile team, gain an understanding of the full product development life cycle, gain deep knowledge of our platform.
- Mentor and help other engineers on your team grow their skills and abilities
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active participant in the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and drive growth.
- Respect and promote Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.