Platforms Product Manager, Product Management
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. Because our employees are our most valuable asset, we offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia).
Job SummaryThe Platform Product Manager is responsible for managing the pricing, packaging, and documenting new product ideas and conducts user need analyses for ancillary products so that subscriber and financial objectives are achieved. Conducts the budgeting, planning, analysis and monitoring required to ensure unit and financial targets are met for assigned products. Manages ongoing product management of new and existing products. This job is an individual contributor role that does not have direct responsibility for supervision or performance management of staff.
- Internalizes and represents the Voice of the customer throughout the product lifecycle.
- Coordinates across other functional areas to secure agreement to deliver on the defined end-to-end customer experience.
- Performs competitive analysis and conducts market research. Maintains an updated view of key-driven changes.
- Teams with product development to deliver high-quality products on time.
- Participates in strategic planning for improvements to product content, pricing, packaging, and features. Participate in defining product business and functional requirements.
- Assists in budgeting and variance analysis of product's unit and financial performance, to identify opportunities and risks.
- Drafts and leads requirements and other supporting business documentation (such as use cases, possibly M&Ps (methods and procedures), executive summaries, etc.).
- Leads concepts defining an end-to-end customer experience and encouraged full lifecycle costs.
- Supplies to the product vision across the team and the organization.
- Conducts feasibility assessments, and capability gap analysis (i.e., what is wanted vs. what is attainable).
- Lead change requests. Validates downstream results and final offering (business acceptance testing).
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Lead the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them detailed digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hardworking learners, users, and advocates of our impactful technology, products, and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making callbacks, and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors, and our communities.
- This information has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.