Network Activation Engineer
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Job SummaryResponsible for participating as an individual contributor in the Network Activation Engineering team, installing new product implementations for partners, implementing changes to existing products and services and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Interfaces with vendors, engineering, and peer operations organizations. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and project teams. Has in-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in own discipline. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Activating new Masergy services and Masergy cloud services (VPRN, VPLS, IES, etc.) for our customers including router, firewall and circuit activations for new and existing customers
- Configures routers, firewalls, and NIDs using standard and non-standard templates.
- Collaborates regularly with Project Management and Design Engineers. Provides support for internal and external customers.
- Conducts RFC tests on new circuits; test, turn up, and troubleshooting high-capacity Ethernet circuits.
- Performs routine circuit testing and acceptance in accordance with written standards.
- Contributes to design considerations for new products or architectural changes to existing products. Assists with or leads efforts to build new application infrastructure, coordinating efforts across teams.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow and data state within a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
- Does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities. May direct workflow and act as a technical lead.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Remote Work Opportunity
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.