Sr Program Manager/ Scrum Master
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. We offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia). Some roles can work virtual full-time if they are not near a Tech Hub, but that is dependent upon the needs of the position and amount of collaboration required.
Job SummaryResponsible for being a thought leader with a mastery of program management skills. Follows the organization's strategic plan and leads the most enterprise-wide, strategic programs affecting multiple organizations and impacting the business over multiple years. Delivers outcomes, longer-term improvements and benefits in support of the organization goals. Leads and guides junior members of the team.
This position requires a strong communicator who can pivot between the teams and management on topics. This is an ambassador-type position representing critical agile DevOps teams in a large, global, and complex environment. This person is a strong collaborator who can bring our “passion for teamwork” to the broader Comcast community and represent our team. This role has high visibility and high expectations for successful results. Regular executive status and communications are required.
They must have solid technical skills to complement their project management and scrum master skills: defining and managing dependencies, risk management plans, milestone focus, etc. This role must be an advocate for our teams and to work through barriers and overcome hurdles to keep the teams’ progress moving forward.
We expect this team member to have an ability to learn enough about our domain to be effective in communications. Be able to understand our environment, the functional and technical needs, and then to help bridge with the project team and other development teams.
Ultimately, this person should be able to provide project management support for several simultaneous, highly technical, challenging projects, and should be able to understand and explain how such projects fit strategically into the overall company roadmap and strategic business initiatives in a very fast-paced and highly visible organization.
Manage and lead complex projects through entire project lifecycle (inception, design, development, integration and test, trial, and deployment).
Lead scoping and architecture review activities for initiated programs and follow process for program approval at architecture initiation board
Create and track E2E project plan (in conjunction with the lead Engineer). Lead and track tasks and milestones across all parties (including vendors). Leading/facilitate/drive programs, share responsibility and accountability for programs.
Manage and drive test organization activities. Facilitate bug triage, manage bug lists across vendors, track issue resolution. Lead change request generation and tracking.
Act as lead to make project scheduling decisions or to facilitate conversations vital for decision making
Identify and manage critical path and risk areas and create risk response and mitigation plans. Report weekly (or as require) on any risks/issues. Escalate as required to unblock open issues.
Work with other PMs to track and manage inter-project dependencies.
Communicate updates on major milestones, escalations, and statuses.
Work with lead engineer and management to set project specific budget. Project spend rates based on the budgets. Manage within budgetary objectives set by manager, monitoring and controlling costs within functional area.
Lead junior-level project managers on the team Demonstrated ability to identify interfacing touch points and ensure handoffs between teams are accounted for. Ensure requirements/design and environments are established to support interfacing touch points.
- Understands the scope of programs as defined by the business requirements and budget process. Participates in key planning milestones.
- Identifies, confirms and obtains participation from required cross-functional teams. Ensures team clearly understands roles and responsibilities for the duration of the program.
- Creates and builds program plans. Facilitates and drives the core team to identify and schedule all the work for end-to-end deployment required to fulfill program scope.
- Identifies goals and successes criteria, drives the development and implementation of key goals, objectives for the program with key partners and core team. Raises conflicts and resolves with the appropriate level of management engagement to build consensus. Obtains and assigns resources to the program plan.
- Identifies and helps the team make program tradeoffs to balance scope, time and costs. Ensures accurate documentation.
- Tracks and manages the program schedule and upstream and downstream dependencies. Analyzes the actual performance against the plan and makes adjustments consistent with plan objectives. Drives action item resolution and track completion. Ensures program milestones are accomplished and ensures overall committed timelines are met. Documents all major plan changes in scope, approach and date delivery.
- Monitors and ensures quality of program deliverables. Leads core team and key field resources to develop and monitor deployment schedule, strategies and tools to support the implementation of programs in the field through trials and controlled customer deployments.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Ability to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as vital.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hard-working learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights!
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth!
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.