Tech Intern - Reliability Engineering Enterprise Applications Intern (TPX)
Job SummaryThis job code is to be used for internships and co-ops. It is not to be used for temporary or contract workers.
Comcast Internship Program
Discover opportunities designed to set your career in motion- Our 11-week summer program will help you cultivate meaningful relationships, develop strong interpersonal and business skills, gain exposure to the day-to-day operations of a Fortune 40 media and technology company, and receive mentorship opportunities to expand your professional network.
What organization will you be a part of?
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Intern Job Description
The Reliability Engineering Enterprise Applications Intern is encouraged to provide Operational, Incident, Problem and Change management support for a set of applications within the Enterprise Application group. The applications supported include but are not limited to OSS/BSS, Middleware, Customer CARE Applications/Tools, Tech applications/Tools, Internal Enterprise human resource, legal and Data Management Systems. This includes business functions such as billing, provisioning, activation, authentication, Telco/Cable operations, Serviceability, and Cloud based applications.
The Intern will work closely with peers within the Reliability Engineering group, as well as develop excellent working collaboration with organizations across the company. The ideal candidate will possess a consistent track record of technical troubleshooting, incident/problem/change management, problem solving, excellent verbal/written communications, and continuous learning. They are expected to become a subject matter expert in multiple areas and help their peers become knowledgeable.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Problem Solving and root cause investigations
- Independent thinker and Collaborates with different teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced 24x7 technical operations environment.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Hands on troubleshooting experience.
- Technical experience supporting Operations, Incident Management, Problem Management, and or Change Management
- Knowledge of OSI layer 3-7
- Understanding of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles, Incident Management and Crisis Management
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with ability to articulate sophisticated emergent situations clearly to all levels of the organization.
- Highly collaborative with a strong work ethic.
- Embraces challenges, displays strong creative flexibility.
- Familiarity with ITIL
Minimum Qualifications and Eligibility Requirements
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
- Rising Junior or Rising Senior with an anticipated graduation date of December 2023, Spring 2024, December 2024 or Spring 2025.
- Returning to degree-program (for at least a semester) after the completion of the summer internship
- Authorized to work in the United States with no current or future sponsorship needs
- Available to work 40 hours per week over the course of the summer program
- Recommended GPA: 3.0 (candidates will be evaluated on overall skills, education, and experience)
- Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $32.00
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.